RWS - 10 Pentacles, wise mans symbology on robe?

Cara Jackson

Yeah, ok, you guessed it, up to 10 Pentacles now, erm. . .
It's been said that the weird configuration of 'so-called' letters on wise mans robe could represent either:-
1) Waites initials OR Whittby (to do with PCS)
but what DO the weird 'astrological?' signs represent - any ideas oh wise ones? Is it just showing htat magic is there in everyday (pentacle) life, such as sweeping floor, zen style, or walks in nature?

2) Oh yes, WHAT the dickens was the reason for the top grey border, the staged line (betwixt stage and theatrical back drop) does it denote that the journey of life is finished, now elevate your thoughts to higher matters OR, to my mind, is the grey 'slab' reminiscent of the tombstone and grave the old man will soon be in. Does anyone have any concrete ideas (ha,ha!) on this perplexing border?

3) Anyone noticed the waxing moon, bottom right of wise mans robe (you dont see bottom of it, but it SO obviusly is) - what do waxing moons represent, tried looking it up, but nothing 'fits'.

Mucho gratias as ever Cara - soz if not personally thanked anyone, baby is 'toddling' now, and its a full time job to run after him - yikes! x

Mucho gratias.

Richard

Hi Cara, I've been waiting for someone else to field your question, but that hasn't happened, so I'll give my humble 2¢.

I think the grey bar across the top is just to showcase the X (10), which oherwise might have been obscured.

I don't recall ever having seen glyphs like those on the old man's robe. Maybe it's just a decoration.

The waxing moon is a time of increase, new ventures, etc. The number 10 represents a new beginning: numerologically 10 reduces to 1 + 0 = 1, the beginning number.

Hope this helps.

Richard