Satanic Deck

Silverlotus

I think the price and the bravado are all part of the Satanic belief system. One looks out for one's self and all that.

But that being said, I will admit to being rather disappointed. Usually when one talks so big, one has a little more to back it up. But at the same time, it takes a lot of courage (or balls, if you will excuse the term) to release one's deck to the public. I can't draw with a darn, so I would never do so.

Savoyali

One more vote for 'least sinister deck ever'.

Ooh, plain English words rendered in runes...excuse me while I go and hide under the table shivering.

Aure

Obviously the author wants to acquire some cult fame while trying to earn loads of cash on it....

I don't know that much about satanism but I tell you, if I would make such a deck, it would be much much better!!! Ofcourse I would have to make up a convenient little story to back it up like 'The images in this deck were found from my old family mansion's attic and they have a sinister history. The old wood carvings are hundreds of years old and the ancestor making them died before completing the work. So has every single person trying to work on them. They were also badly damaged during a mysterious fire hundred years ago. That's why I have had to re-draw the images with modern technology.....'

Okay, to clarify things up, I have no interest in making such deck, but if I would... :D

Umbrae

I am amused at the over-use of the word 'Sinister', which happens to mean, 'left'...and is the opposite of Dexter.

This deck will be indeed Sinister...it will be left...behind.

ROFLPP

Le_Corsair

Umbrae said:
I am amused at the over-use of the word 'Sinister', which happens to mean, 'left'...and is the opposite of Dexter.

This deck will be indeed Sinister...it will be left...behind.

ROFLPP

Shall we suppose that the artist :joke: drew this with the left hand, while being a natural righty?

Probably the artist :laugh: is a member of Aeclectic and is this moment either dying of embarassment, writing a flame post, or is working a ritual curse on all who ridiculed the deck. :D

Bob :THERM

Centaur

I do think that it is preposterous to be asking for so much money for this deck.

BUT... I do not think that the images are as awful as some of the people here are making them out to be.

This deck is not to my taste, but I am not going to deny that I could not draw images of that sort. Let alone, draw around 78 of them.

I for one have seen worse. Infact, I would gladly have this deck over some other decks I have seen which HAVE been published, and which I think are satanic only by the mere fact that they are HELLISH to look at.

SongDeva

I agree with centaur. The artwork is kind of cool really, as if done by a Gen X'er who likes Metallica.
The disproportionate bodies have a naive art quality, and remind me of the Celtic Wisdom Tarot.
I think it's somewhat dark, but certainly isn't threatening. It's like dark in a gentle way.

**Sinister: being also "left" as Umbrae stated....I have to think it *does* have a different meaning in satanism. I wonder if it depicts a conscious separation from God...an otherness.

Needless to say, I will not be buying one for $1k (is that australian dollars? What is AUD?) or for $100 probably. But I would peruse one to check it out, and probably keep it if someone gave me one.

But then, I'm diving deep into shadow work now (templar on the way, poss. giger), so I might be biased!

SD

LadyMedusa

umm ... well... umm...

I think I'll pass on this one.

LadyMedusa

(Grandma always said "If you don't like it, smile politely, and say No Thank You".)

little

Notice:

The author wants to make a thousand dollars a deck on his work.

But he wasn't willing for fork out for anything but a free Angelfire web site.

baba-prague

Re: EWWW dont like!

inanna_tarot said:
To be honest it looks like something my cat has done!

Your cat needs help. Please ask him or her to take up another hobby. Your cat obviously should NOT be drawing tarot decks!

How about collecting chewed cat-toys? That's a nice hobby for a cat. One of ours is very into that - and she is innovative too, will add wine corks, hair elastics and the odd interesting ear-ring to the collection. Gently suggest it to your cat please ;-)