Interesting tarot pairs

nisaba

cartarum said:
what do you think about this pair?
or wheel- hanged man?
The Hanged Man is held back from taking any action in the world and in his life. He is resigned to being ineffective, to being out of the loop for the time being. In the meantime, life goes on, the Wheel keeps turning, stuff happens without his input. All he can do is watch, learn and wait to act later on when he is free to do so.

balenciaga

yeah, wheel + hanged man sounds like - "things are changing and there is nothing I can do about it"
also sounds like: An opportunity arrives, but one feels impotent, holds back from taking advantage of it.

.traveller.

4 of Pentacles/9 of Cups: Hold out for what you really want.
Knight of Swords/7 of Cups: Avoid being sidetracked by distractions.

AmethystEyes

I wasn't sure what to think about this pair...
Tower and Death??
Lots a change!

nisaba

Tower first and Death after?

I'd be advising them not to get out of bed that morning. Seriously. It might be a good idea to have a suitcase packed and keep a low profile.

Death first and Tower after?

You put too much faith in the solidity of the status quo - sooner or later you'll learn that, in the immortal words of the poet Laurence Binyon, "Nothing is certain, only the certain Spring." Learn to accept change, even if you cannot learn to like it.

Someone once asked within earshot of me: what would happen if The Empress and the High Priestess were flatmates (or in American roommates)? I know how I think these two very different female archetypes would react if they were thoroughly modern women and had to share space: what do other people think?

AmethystEyes

nisaba said:
Tower first and Death after?

I'd be advising them not to get out of bed that morning. Seriously. It might be a good idea to have a suitcase packed and keep a low profile.

Death first and Tower after?

You put too much faith in the solidity of the status quo - sooner or later you'll learn that, in the immortal words of the poet Laurence Binyon, "Nothing is certain, only the certain Spring." Learn to accept change, even if you cannot learn to like it.
Hmm actually I think it was The Tower before Death.

Fabiannemo

i got one! which came up in a reading this past weekend.

Ace of Pentacles + Tower = unstable finances and trouble with the Bank.

obeygravity

nisaba said:
Someone once asked within earshot of me: what would happen if The Empress and the High Priestess were flatmates (or in American roommates)? I know how I think these two very different female archetypes would react if they were thoroughly modern women and had to share space: what do other people think?

I feel like this could actually be women who could become the best of friends or the worst of enemies. Someone who goes almost purely by what their head says versus someone who's driven by their heart ... could definitely make for some interesting situations. But over all I think they'd end up learning a lot from one another. Maybe eventually learning how to create a better balance between their head and their heart.

nisaba

obeygravity said:
I feel like this could actually be women who could become the best of friends or the worst of enemies.
<grin> One would be neat, while the other drapes bras over rails in the bathroom and drops undies in the hall, one would be trying to meditate while the other one entertains men in the next bedroom with the music on ...

obeygravity

nisaba said:
<grin> One would be neat, while the other drapes bras over rails in the bathroom and drops undies in the hall, one would be trying to meditate while the other one entertains men in the next bedroom with the music on ...

Haha, it actually kind of reminds me of the kind of relationship I have with one of my roommates. She's definitely more of the High Priestess, while I'm significantly more of an Empress kind of girl (though sometimes the HP can show up every once in a while for me as well). We tend to get along pretty well, probably because I get driven by really weird whimsies - I tend to bake a lot when I'm agitated or incredibly excited, and am constantly trying to feed everyone which is probably why she puts up with my sometimes messiness hahaha