The star- love outcome

LuzBlanca

I have a budding interest in a person currently, and i've gotten the star as the outcome for our relationship. I've gotten this once or twice before for the future of the next few months for love.

I feel as though it might be a symbol of my heart healing due to the fact that i've been through some rought emotional times in the recent past.

I am having a hard time interrpretting it though.

I read somewhere that the "Star" also means " wish granted".. is the lucky card and there isn't any other "wish" card in the tarot (perhaps the Sun) . I think it all depends on the question, if the answer was negative (bad things to happen) I don't think the Star would show up because is about hope (and the Universe and its energies don't give fake answers, if they say there is hope there must be).
The only negative connotation it can have is being "too" dreamy or it being only a "dream".. so depends on the question and the situation.

WalesWoman

Maybe the Star is more than hope, but a message to pour it on, not to withhold yourself from giving of yourself. For love to flourish, it must be nourished, to have faith that the source of love is never ending, that it is self fulfilling and let it flow freely. That won't happen if you cling to hurts from the past, are defensive or only hope for a better future, but actively engage, allow yourself to be vulnerable and let your own love flow outward.

caridwen

I read somewhere that the "Star" also means " wish granted".. is the lucky card and there isn't any other "wish" card in the tarot ...

Yes there is - the Nine of Cups is traditionally the Wish Card.:)

schwammyy

There is a thread where some of us were discussing The Star in terms of a relationship. You can read the whole thing here.

There was talk about the star representing a long distance relationship, unrequited love, a cerebral "tease," or an idealized love. The star in a relationship embodies wishfulness, hopes, dreams, and inspiration. I've had it come up in readings for star-crossed loves.

In the outcome position, I'd say that a Star relationship can be nourishing because it is inspirational and gives one hopes but it can be bittersweet as well because the partners are separated or can't be together for one reason or another - at least at this time.

This makes sense. I feel like there is hope, but me and this person need to get to know each other much better. I am single, and we are friends now if that helps.

schwammyy

To me the card is about having hope and faith. So it me it asks you to have hope and faith that what you want in the future will come true. And says that that is where things are most likely headed. It may be not a 100% certainty, but it asks you to have that faith. And the more you do som the more your posiitve attitude can send out the posiitive energy you need to solidify that future.

It's a "just let go and have faith" card and know that all will be well.

That is my meaning, and I have been getting it a lot to mean that for me lately. But what matters is what your intuitioin is telling you. If you see it as your heart healing, then that is what it means to you.

Babs

I have a fairly negative view of love due to my past. I think with your view on being positive and having faith, makes it make more sense to me. I need to be more positive in order to find love.

schwammyy

Mabe the card is telling you that a relationship with this person could be a possiblity in future. (hope). but right now you need to have faith in your self and heal from past upsets. I had this card before for a reading on a person i wanted to have a realtionship with but was not possible at that time. I did see that person again and have a realtionship with them, but it was a long way down line. Im talking years lol. I did not wait about clinging to that hope. Trust in whats for you wont go by you. Again nothing is set in stone and things always change. So mabe focus on yourself right now is what the cards are telling you need :) If its ment to be it will be.

I think this makes a lot of sense. I don't know him well enough to have anything, so this is perfect. I think we need to know each other better before I can even consider anything with him.

Girl Archer

For me, the Star in the future or outcome position of a relationship spread indicates the union will remain out of reach for the seeker. S/he will continue to have high hopes that something will develop, but most often, nothing comes to fruition, unfortunately.

So, basically, the Star does not actually denote hope and inspiration, but rather sows a dream out of reach? That's sad :( I got a Star-ry outcome too.

caridwen

So, basically, the Star does not actually denote hope and inspiration, but rather sows a dream out of reach? That's sad :( I got a Star-ry outcome too.

It really depends on the reading and the surrounding cards and no the Star does not always mean a dream out of reach.

If you are confused about a card and other people's views are not making sense, it may help to go back to the source or the original creators' meaning for the card. I'm not sure which deck is being used here but Waite for example says:

"The summary of several tawdry explanations says that it is a card of hope. On other planes it has been certified as immortality and interior light. For the majority of prepared minds, the figure will appear as the type of Truth unveiled, glorious in undying beauty, pouring on the waters of the soul some part and measure of her priceless possession."

So we have a start there: on a mundane level the Star is Hope. That for me is possibly what others are saying here. It is hope so I hope such and such asks me out. Don't underestimate the power of hope.

Waite goes on to say it also means: immortality and interior light. So it means 'star quality'. It means radiance. Immortality may refer to a memory of someone who has passed away and your thoughts on them or how they live on through their work, songs or children. It may refer to how someone seems ethereal and other wordly.

Waite also says it is a type of Truth unveiled. Sometimes life does unveil beautiful truths we never thought possible.

Moving onto the Thoth Crowely picks up on Waites' description of the Star relating to the Kabbalah. So Waite says:

"But she is in reality the Great Mother in the Kabalistic Sephira Binah, which is supernal Understanding, who communicates to the Sephiroth that are below in the measure that they can receive her influx."

Your eyes will glaze over if you have no interest in Kabbalah so I won't push the point but Crowely does talk about the Star in relation to Truth; immortality and a sentence I particularly love:

..."the inexhaustible possibilities of existence."

Which again is related to Hope. Crowely also relates the Star to Venus and Love. He relates the Star to the "...blindness of humanity to all the beauty and wonder of the Universe..."

starrystarrynight

Girl Archer said:
So, basically, the Star does not actually denote hope and inspiration, but rather sows a dream out of reach? That's sad I got a Star-ry outcome too.
Unfortunately, in my practical experience of doing many, many relationship readings, this has turned out to be the case for most Star outcomes (particularly when the rest of the spread isn't too rosy, either.) I can only speak for my own readings, though...as generically, the Star is often seen as hope and faith.

It could be that, for me, trumps are the big energies that are needed for the seeker to access or acquire in order to get through the situation being asked about. So, because of that, it turns out (at least for me in my experience) that the Star signifies the hope and faith that the seeker will need to have and use to see the issue through. Ergo, the relationship may be out of reach, but she will need to have and maintain her faith and hope that there are still better things in store for her. Or something to that effect.

june-marie

star card

Hi, I'm new to the site and this is my first post, so I may be jumping in where angels fear ....... however, two points.
1) For me the Star is more or less always a positive card and means, quite simply, hope.
But 2) It entirely depends on the spread you have used and the other cards that came up.
I don't see how we can read any single card in isolation, not even a really positive one like the Star.
Whether the hope that the Star represents is in the past or the future; whether it is a realistic hope or just a dream; whether it is deceptive or real; and, most of all, what kinds of things you need to do to realise that hope, all depend upon which other cards appear in the spread and how they are arranged.