"Greenie" Thoth in a Green Box?

ladybird

I guess I didn't, thank you. It is a pity it doesn't show the actual cards, though.

I didn't see pictures at first either but in the table at the farthest right there are links with card samples.

RLG

Dwtw

I see that USgames continued to make the green Thoths in the beginning of the green box era. Maybe they ran out of boxes before they needed to reprint the cards? Is what I have then a White Box C deck that came in a green box?
Yes, that's what you have. The change to the green box preceded the change to a different printing of the deck.

I wonder if anyone out there has pinpointed a date in the transition from a green-cast Thoth with no white border on the back to nongreen-cast with a white border in the green box?
Circa 2000, all decks put in the green boxes were switched to the same deck found in the Blue Box AGMuller printings, which were done in Belgium by then.

My LWB says 1978, 1983 with 13th printing. I wonder if this is a 13th printing of the LWB that came in the White Box C or do I have a 13th printing from a green box?
That would be the 13th printing of the LWB. This generally coincides with deck printings, but not precisely.

Our of curiosity, do the later Green Box Thoth decks with the grey borders have a USgames copyright mark on it? They usually have their mark on everything! I know the AGmuller decks have their copyright mark on the white-bordered backs.
USGames never put their copyright on the actual cards, because they did not own the copyright and did not do the printing. AGMuller put/s the copyright on their cards because they are the printer. This is not quite the same as having the copyright in the card images themselves, which is allegedly owned by the OTO.

So you have an early Green box, late Greenie Thoth printing. Not particularly rare, but sure nice to get for only $5. :)

Litlluw
RLG

Emily

Confession: I've never seen a green-tinted Thoth, is there anywhere I can see a comparison? For that matter, I've been using the same old purple box standard one for ten years, I barely have any idea how any others look as to color, proportion, etc.

If only there was a site like Holly's RWS site but for the Thoth

In the link are a couple of comparison pics I took of my greenie next to my green box Thoth. The colours of the greenie scanned really nicely.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=90059&highlight=Thoth+greenie

Zephyros

In the link are a couple of comparison pics I took of my greenie next to my green box Thoth. The colours of the greenie scanned really nicely.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=90059&highlight=Thoth+greenie

I didn't see pictures at first either but in the table at the farthest right there are links with card samples.

Thank you both, I see the difference now. Honestly? I can see its worth as a novelty collectors' item, but the colors seem so muted and, well, green, that I'm glad I'm "standard all the way!" Truth be told, I've taken a fancy to the one-color version.

gregory

I want a Sangreal.... Someone here was going to break one up and sell individual cards (she had two copies.) I hope she didn't....

I would almost resort to printing off my own....

Sulis

Thank you both, I see the difference now. Honestly? I can see its worth as a novelty collectors' item, but the colors seem so muted and, well, green, that I'm glad I'm "standard all the way!" Truth be told, I've taken a fancy to the one-color version.

I remember when the green Thoth decks were around and no-one wanted them - they made people feel sick... Couldn't give them away. Now they're collector's items...
It's a strange world :).

gregory

I remember when the green Thoth decks were around and no-one wanted them - they made people feel sick... Couldn't give them away. Now they're collector's items...
It's a strange world :).

I remember when you said that in the last thread about them !!! })

Sulis

I remember when you said that in the last thread about them !!! })

I know ;).

I just think it's quite funny that a few years ago on this very forum these were classed as faulty and as printing errors and people were going on about how absolutely awful they were, how they made folk feel nauseous etc.. Now everyone seems to want one }).