Book of Thoth study group?

tink27

Oh yes! I would be very interested! Please count me in!

Thanks!

tink

AbstractConcept

I can host a pdf of the Book of Thoth if needed.

Knightward

I would be interested

BrightEye

My book has chapters.

I must admit I tried to read it cover to cover and found the first 50 pages really uninspiring, not because they are so in themselves but because you don't get anything about the cards as such - and that's why people read the book in the first place. I would suggest we start with Part II: The Atu (discussion of the Trumps). These give you a lot of extra information apart from card descriptions and nicely open up the universe of Crowley's thinking (imho).

That's how I'm doing my reading at the moment. A rudimentary knowledge of the Tree of Life might not go amiss though.

Grigori

*raises his hand*

Aeon418

BrightEye said:
I must admit I tried to read it cover to cover and found the first 50 pages really uninspiring
In my experience it's the first 50 pages that put people off the most. :D
For example:
One important interpretation of the Tarot is that is a Notariqon of the Hebrew Torah, the Law; also ThROA, the Gate. Now, by the Yetziratic attributions - see table at end - this word may be read The Universe - the new-born Sun - Zero. This is the true Magical Doctrine of Thelema: Zero equals Two.

Alta

So, Aeon418, why don't you try laying out a proposed study plan for discussion? It would be a place to start. Like the idea of the study group, and we have several here who have studied it in depth to keep the thoughts moving.

Emily

I'd be interested too - I did actually read the whole book through just once and understood nothing of it. But I loved his style of writing. :)

Scion

I'm in too, natch...

Scion

Ventrue

:::puts in his quarters and turns the crank:::

wheres the prize??!!?!?!?! Oh well I'm in.