Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

magical diaries

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Citizen

Aeon418 

Just to add to the above. I don't see how you can compare the magical diary to the Wiccan Book of Shadows. The magical diary is a record of an individual magicians experiences.
The Book of Shadows is a pre-existing collection of material that must be copied by hand to make a new Book of Shadows. But this only occurs within a Wiccan coven.
Top   #11
Citizen

BrightEye 

I wasn't comparing anything. I was just wondering what each of them were. Thanks for the clarification.
Top   #12
Citizen

Aeon418 

Sorry, BrightEye. I thought you already had some idea of what the Book of Shadows was. Or maybe a different idea that is linked with the New Age hijack of Wicca.
Top   #13
ravenator

ravenest 

Yes, Aeons comment on scientific illuminism is worth keeping in mind.

My early diaries (the ones that detail ritual and magical experimentation) are written like an old science experiment as I was taught at school.
The first heading is AIM. It helps to meditate a lot on this subject, one might find that the aim is achieved by more efficient mundane ends. Then METHOD etc ... .

Also it is common to note the astrology of the day or time frame for refrence (also if one is clear enough) notes on the self; mood, health, etc.

All VERY different from a Book of Shadows. My old B of S [or BS if u like :-) ] shows copies (including copied 'typos') of basic Wiccan rituals.
Top   #14

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.