The AT Frankenstein Patchwork deck

gregory

You get to set the rules. We discussed three days once but it couldn't work - think on: receive one day, one day with the deck, post the next - just too short. Especially if your mail arrives mid afternoon, as ours does....

Then again - we were supposed to DO something with it while it was with us..... I took them walkies a lot :D

Le Fanu

A complete week would make sense to me. That would naturally include a weekend to bond with it. For me, during the week, I hardly get any time with my decks. It's errands, work, bed with a bit of AT time grabbed between late dinner and bed. Weekends are different!

gregory

OK. SO. If that were one person per card (which it mercifully isn't) that's 78 weeks PLUS THE TIME SPENT IN THE MAIL - world record, as I recall, 6 weeks....) Just so you can think on. }) Say an AVERAGE of 3 days each time - that's another 34 weeks..... Total so far: 112 weeks..... And that assumes everything goes like clockwork. Which even with ideal intentions etc, it will NOT.

Don't ever say I didn't say anything..... :D

Elven

gregory said:
You get to set the rules. We discussed three days once but it couldn't work - think on: receive one day, one day with the deck, post the next - just too short. Especially if your mail arrives mid afternoon, as ours does....

Then again - we were supposed to DO something with it while it was with us..... I took them walkies a lot :D
I took the first deck on a 300mile round trip sight seeing around the harbour at Woollongong. The next deck went sightseeing around Katoomba ... I need more friends obviously :p :D

gregory

Oh I dunno. I took the first one to Long Meg and to Hadrian's Wall. It had fun playing at Roman Soldiers !!! I didn't have the time with the second - and anyway - it didn't Truly Love Me..... :( (Seriously - I never quite warmed to that one !)

firecatpickles

That would be great! Sending it around the world and have everyone sign the back of their card(s)?

Le Fanu

gregory said:
OK. SO. If that were one person per card (which it mercifully isn't) that's 78 weeks PLUS THE TIME SPENT IN THE MAIL - world record, as I recall, 6 weeks....) Just so you can think on. }) Say an AVERAGE of 3 days each time - that's another 34 weeks..... Total so far: 112 weeks..... And that assumes everything goes like clockwork. Which even with ideal intentions etc, it will NOT.

Don't ever say I didn't say anything..... :D
Ok. So we do a draw and one person wins and that's it. End of story! :D

I was thinking.. rough count now sees that so far 25 people have contributed. Let's add another 7 = 32. One week per person plus 6 weeks in mail? 32 + 6 = 38 Let's round it off to 40...

Am I being woefully idealistic? :D

gregory

No - I think it should travel. Please !

I just thought your whole week thing might be scarily long. The travelling decks were HUGE fun. I just don't want anyone in Argentina thinking they will get the deck any time soon.... :D The draw would end up being about 18 months from now, I'd think - at the earliest. That's all. People seem to get a feeling at these times that it will travel and then next month the draw will take place. NOT SO !

And - er - 6 weeks in the mail ? that IS idealistic :love: - you are sweet !!!! It takes about a week to get from here to the US, for one thing. My world record for a package FROM the US is 7 weeks..... And quite often a week to cross the US. And even first class mail within the UK - allegedly 24 hours - often takes 3 days....

Elven

Fire Cat said:
That would be great! Sending it around the world and have everyone sign the back of their card(s)?

Yeah I like this idea too, signing the back of the card ...

LOL gregory ... and it went around Prague with Baba - that deck has some serious frequent flyer points!

Le Fanu

gregory said:
My world record for a package FROM the US is 7 weeks..... And quite often a week to cross the US. And even first class mail within the UK - allegedly 24 hours - often takes 3 days....
Makes me remember the Maroon Tarot I bought for Anam_cara which took 6 months...We gave up on it and I bought and sent a Vieville instead. Then it turned up *whistling* one day. No apologies, nothing...