Crowley in popular culture

Lillie

Duh.

Jack Parsons.
Supernova.

Sorry, I only just got the joke.

Funny though.

rogue

In the modern school of anthropology the wholistic perspective has already been adapted. This is Thelema. You take different religions, cultures, whatever, and overlap them, lining up the pieces that match. This way is much better. It implements a necessary detachment from the storyline so that the anthropologist can concentrate on scientific observation, rather than allow his own twisted passion to corrupt the storyline, which it inevitably will on some level anyway.

ravenest

Let There Be (Clear) Light.

AbstractConcept said:
Like i said, kindda kickstarted this whole revolution (standing oon the shoulders/ashes of others). Was his mexican mushroom juice the impetus for The Vision And The Voice? ;)

Of course!(Well, maybe impetus isn;t the most correct term). Also see the 'Grass of the Arabians' in BoT section on the Fool (I think that's the book it's in)

Also might explain the fantastic mystical/magical atmosphere that the first audiences of his Rites Eleusis experinced .... (free refreshments ;) )

[some of this can be seen as a key part in Crowley's Gnosis. The meditation on the corpses is somewhat more ... 'psycologically penetrating' when undertaken on pure clear-light 70's LSD. I DO NOT reccommend this for the beginer, in any case, I doubt it's still availible, since the suppression of Leary psycoactive drugs seem to have gone totally black market, nasty and dangerous ... beware, nowdays instaad of coming from a lab in Switzerland it's probably been brewed up in a bikie gang's bathtub ... thanks for that Robert Kennedy !]