Intensive Deck Study Reboot!

Bat Chicken

Wow - I disappear for a little while and everything gets hopping. This is the most action in months!

I have had my IDS on hold for most of the last few months, but, I am anxious to get going again. It will be a very slow start, however, and we won't get full momentum back until November.

Still with the Thoth, Zan - Looking forward to getting back into our Adventure...

strings of life

I'm still loving my Bohemian Gothic. The images just lend themselves to being read in such a different way [hugs deck close].

I want to take full advantage of partnering it with the Victorian Romantic, one of my favorite reading decks, which is ironically what my first IDS attempt was. I have to admit, I'd love to work with the VR with my dear AT buddy OctoberGwen. Plus, it's Halloween, one of my favorite time's of the year and I want to play with my Halloween Tarot. Honesty here. I don't feel bad about it :).

zan_chan, can you remove me from the main IDS main thread? Much thanks.

OctoberGwen :love:, I'll PM you on Tuesday. I'd love to work on the 21 Ways steps with you. In tandem with my BG of course ;).

zan_chan

Sorry to see you go, but I've got you off the list for now. Enjoy whatever BG/VR combination you work out :)

Batty! Great to see you in here! It's been forever! As you can see, I'm on a Thoth break. Too much Thoth was driving me a little, well, batty, so I'm spending some time with this Fantastic Menagerie to recenter.

I'm really enjoying the Fantastic Menagerie so far - it does absolutely wonderful readings. I'm wondering how long I'll be able to sustain working with it, though. While I think there are interesting details that can be studied in it, I just don't feel myself having any desire to do so. All I've really been doing is whimsically enjoying each card's image. I rather dislike the book, so I don't have anything about the deck to read, and I hate that, as you all probably know how much I love books and research and all that.

Something fun I find about this deck is that it's very easy to take the opposite view from the norm in many of the "bad" cards. Like this morning I pulled the 10 of Wands, but rather than worry that I'd be carrying some burden or overworking, I saw myself as the other guy, fiendishly slave-driving my students.

Not gonna lie though - the hardest thing about this time with the FM is that every passing minute makes me want my Haindl more and more. At the very least I'll be cheating on Thursday as it's my birthday and I want to do a year-ahead reading with my Hermann...

If nothing else, the FM is cementing itself as one of my Top Ten decks :thumbsup: (right now... :p )

How's everyone else doing? No cheating so far I hope...

Flaxen

zan_chan said:

I'm actually quite proud of myself- so far I've not read with another deck (even with the temptation of a gift of Tarot of the Crone). This is quite an achievement for me- I usually like to pick up a different deck to suit my mood.

I'm loving spending time with the Thoth. It's always been a huge favourite and a deck I've had for a long time. I always took it out when I wanted the truth of a situation but it's taken a long time to learn all the different elements. I still feel like I'm only scratching the surface of this deck, hence my desire to IDS with it. But, we are deepening our bond...:heart:

zan_chan

That's great, Flaxen - I'm really glad to hear it :) Thoth is quite an experience, isn't it? Can't wait to get back to it when I'm cooled down a bit from my last round with it...

BlueDragonfly

My progress has slowed to just doing a daily reading and not even posting it like I was. But that's temporary.

Life has tossed me around the last 4 or 5 days and now I have a horrendous cold. The energy levels are pretty low right now. I don't have the luxury of staying home sick(although, I am calling off for one of my shifts, later today), so I just dial back and concentrate on the essential things I need to do.

Coming home early today will give me some time to do some reading, research, and rest....everything else takes too much energy.

OctoberGwen

Hope you feel better soon, {{{{BlueDragonfly}}}}.

No cheating for me. Yet. })

fairybugg

zan_chan said:
I want to cheat I really do... I love the Vision Quest but I am having a hard time pushing past the surface of the cards. I hope that I can push past this but I am really wanting to pick up my Rider-Waite and get to know that deck better. I realize that I am blocking myself and making this harder than it needs to be but what can I say... I am really good at that...
Let's see if I make it to the end of the week... ;)

zan_chan

Isn't the Vision Quest Thoth-inspired anyway? Who needs the RWS? Forget it ever existed and just run with what you see on the cards :)

Bat Chicken

zan_chan said:
Batty! Great to see you in here! It's been forever! As you can see, I'm on a Thoth break. Too much Thoth was driving me a little, well, batty, so I'm spending some time with this Fantastic Menagerie to recenter.

I cheated with the BG when it first arrived. Surprised at how amazing that deck is. So I ordered a bag and it's lovely too! The whole box fits in it.

So... Zan... }) May I ask where you were with the Thoth when you decided to take a break? Were you still reading or did you get back to the individual cards? What did you get read? (Hoping that I can catch up while you are still with the FM!)