Wiccan cards: first 4 cards; the 4 elements

catlin

Ok, so let's go on tomorrow ;)

punchinella

Interesting that there are little waves running around the inside of the circle part of the pentacle, and that they are running counter-clockwise. Water moving 'widdershins' within the earth symbol. What might this mean?

SaintOfScreams

If I may share...

I notice some basic correspondences of the Elements...

Athame- Athame, swords, etc., are usually considered Air tools, as Air is the Element of Freedom, Intellectualism, and Honesty. Notice in the Suit of Swords in Tarot, it is usually considered Air, because of the Swords represented, harsh, cutting Truth.

Pentacle- Pentacls are considered tools of the Element Earth, as Element Earth is known for Prosperity, Wisdom, Purifying... In fact many Pagans say that to purify or Bless an object, one would put their object on their Altar Pantacle, bury it in The Earth, or sprinkle salt on it.

Sagepowder

I just got these cards and am somewhat stuped as how to use them. So I'm going to jump on board here.

Being Wiccan myself I associate the Athame with air simply because if you wave it about it cuts through the air. Not that I wave any sort of sharp tool around. :)

The Wand I associate with fire because wood burns. These notions change from person to person, even within Wiccan/witch circles so anyone can use the correspondence they chose if it makes sense to them.