Clow Cards Discussion Thread

vanity

Well if you want the authentic Japanese Deluxe edition, be ready to shell out at least $100. I ordered mine for almost $250 back when the prices were inflated.

Anyway, I am still delving into reading with the Clow. :) I would like a buddy!

Aviloria

Oh haha. I know the original Clow cards are really expensive. I have been drooling over them on ebay. I am willing to pay the amount for them! :]

cardlady22

Just a possible heads-up: my McAfee gives me a red warning bar for rapidshare, but not the megaupload

runewynd

*waves*

Hey, all!

I love these cards- I have the original ones released in Japan, which I bought years ago, like 2004. They were freaking expensive, too, but worth it in my opinion.

In my work, I'm involved with a lot of projects about informing one's magical and metaphysical practice with modern and classical myth. Fiction and legend of all sorts, not just the old kind you read about in textbooks or get taught to you through your religion or faith practice. Things like faery tales, but also comic books, and of course- anime has been a big one lately.

Anyway, part of my personal assignment I gave myself, in order to do proper research for my class, was to write a book of sorcery and magic based on the Clow.

It's funny- I didn't even know about this forum until after I was done! I probably would have had a lot of fun talking with all of you about it! I've already gotten some good help from one of the people on the forums, involving certain Japanese words and which word to use for certain Western concepts (I am unfortunately not a fluent Japanese speaker).

Anyway, the translation on that site- Nox Vulpes is also known as Vanessah, and she's really great. She translated the book, and I have both copies. If anyone wants one, I can give it to them gratis, just contact me via IM.

Personally, I don't follow the Clow Fortune Book- I like my own stuff better. ;) It's based on traditional cartomancy and also the meanings of the cards. But the Fortune Book is really neat, nonetheless, and of course I'd never have thought of writing my own if I'd never read that one.

WyrdRaven

I thought the Wikia article about the card organization into hierarchies was fascinating. After reading the Wikia article, I still have 21 cards unassigned to the categories of Firey, Earthy, Watery, Windy, Light, or Dark. The unassigned cards are: Wood, Storm, Shot, Shield, Shadow, Libra, Lock, Loop, Mirror, Mist, Move, Return, Snow, Song, Sweet, Sword, Through, Thunder, Time, Twin and Voice. Does anyone know to which categories they belong?
ETA: I'm hooked! Who all here is still actively using the cards? I have a set coming in the mail!

WyrdRaven

Thanks Cardlady! I just answered my own question by following the Wikia links! (blush) I am definitely going to do the sorting exercise, though, since I just HAVE to put Wood into Earthy!

runewynd

*waves at WyrdRaven

Hey, do you have Skype or anything? I'm still doing work with the Clow, and I'd love to chat with any of you. PM me if you wanna do so!