10 of swords as feelings?

PAMUYA

pasara said:
I don't really understand how people are getting the over reaction drama queen part. Could you please elaborate?

To me the card speak rejection. The door has been shut on them.

There he is lying there with 10 swords in his back. “OUCH” over kill to say the least. Is this how we reacted to our problems? Or is this how we feel; “My life is Over!”or “ No one has ever suffered so much as me!” This card is drama...

carcinya

Eddie: I never said he was a drama queen, I said in this particular instance he *might* possibly be overreacting a little bit IF the 10 of Swords is at all connected to me. If it's referring to a painful past event in his life, a 10 of swords situation, I wouldn't judge: I should know how painful it is. This card was my emotional state for two months, and only now am I feeling better. So I am not making light of his (possible) suffering, I'm just saying that if it's related to me, it's unnecessary. :) I suspect he had a bad breakup a while ago, so maybe the 10 here reflects that... and his fear of being involved again. Maybe he is *afraid* an involvement between us might turn into another 10 of swords situation. That makes a lot of sense to me from I know of him and other readings I have done.

As for sending mixed signals, I don't believe I am. I know exactly what I want, and I'm doing my best to get us there; however, some people at work mentioned behind my back that I maybe had a boyfriend (my bastard ex). As a matter of fact, he's the one giving off mixed signals -- understandable if he's afraid. :)

Thanks for the in-depth input, that was extremely insightful!

leelee

Past experience for myself - 10 swords/5 pentacles - it was over, it was dead. No coming back from here. The rejection style was hard and painful almost nasty.

Eddie

carcinya said:
Eddie: I never said he was a drama queen, I said in this particular instance he *might* possibly be overreacting a little bit IF the 10 of Swords is at all connected to me. If it's referring to a painful past event in his life, a 10 of swords situation, I wouldn't judge: I should know how painful it is. This card was my emotional state for two months, and only now am I feeling better. So I am not making light of his (possible) suffering, I'm just saying that if it's related to me, it's unnecessary. :) I suspect he had a bad breakup a while ago, so maybe the 10 here reflects that... and his fear of being involved again. Maybe he is *afraid* an involvement between us might turn into another 10 of swords situation. That makes a lot of sense to me from I know of him and other readings I have done.

As for sending mixed signals, I don't believe I am. I know exactly what I want, and I'm doing my best to get us there; however, some people at work mentioned behind my back that I maybe had a boyfriend (my bastard ex). As a matter of fact, he's the one giving off mixed signals -- understandable if he's afraid. :)

Thanks for the in-depth input, that was extremely insightful!

From what you say, its clear, this ten connects to his past. With regards to the "drama queen" quote, it was directed at those who chose to jump to conclusions, without really reading the cards, which really surprised me!. Imagine if you had gone to a BMS fair, just for arguments sake and the reader told you these very words, you could have been someone who could have acted on these words and then went on to put as many miles between you as humanly possible. Could have had the potential of spoiling your chances. Like i said earlier, you ask questions to determine and eliminate. This way, you send a querent away with the correct advice. Not asking or pointing out and in my opinion, jumping to conclusions, is dangerous.

Only to find later that this guy had been really hurt and wounded from a previous relationship and was finding it difficult to leave that behind. With these experiences its difficult to like yourself let alone anyone else!!

Interesting, you mention your ex and speak of him in such a way, it makes me wonder, as you say, if he is afraid and these cards could very well connect to that sort of a scenario. Especially if he is aware of the set boyfriend and they have or could have some sort of a contact.

Remember these are thoughts to him not feelings, your original quote mentions his thoughts and not his feelings toward you, just a thought!!....lol

Eddie

Ana's Song

10 is the completion of a cycle, swords are the communication/thoughts suit, so maybe he is done thinking about things, he's thought about it to death, and intends to move on from there? Now whether that means move on to declaring some interest in you, or move on as in giving up altogether, is another kettle of fish...

carcinya

Wow this thread is becoming fascinating. :heart:

Eddie said:
From what you say, its clear, this ten connects to his past. With regards to the "drama queen" quote, it was directed at those who chose to jump to conclusions, without really reading the cards, which really surprised me!. Imagine if you had gone to a BMS fair, just for arguments sake and the reader told you these very words, you could have been someone who could have acted on these words and then went on to put as many miles between you as humanly possible. Could have had the potential of spoiling your chances. Like i said earlier, you ask questions to determine and eliminate. This way, you send a querent away with the correct advice. Not asking or pointing out and in my opinion, jumping to conclusions, is dangerous.

Only to find later that this guy had been really hurt and wounded from a previous relationship and was finding it difficult to leave that behind. With these experiences its difficult to like yourself let alone anyone else!!

This is the explanation I'm leaning toward. I hadn't even *thought* of it at first, but then you guys mentioned it, and out of the blue one of my friend did a reading and asked me if by any chance my crush had had his heart broken recently. Hmmm.

Eddie said:
Interesting, you mention your ex and speak of him in such a way, it makes me wonder, as you say, if he is afraid and these cards could very well connect to that sort of a scenario. Especially if he is aware of the set boyfriend and they have or could have some sort of a contact.

Well, my ex did quite a number on me, some of which I learned only yesterday, so there's a part of me that's a bit bitter, yes. I've never badmouthed the guy publicly though; if I have nothing nice to say about someone, I'd rather stay silent. :) And there's no way those two could ever have been in contact -- widely different social circles.

But maybe he thinks I'm not over my ex? That could induce 10 of swords thinking...

SunChariot

carcinya said:
What could the 10 of Swords (clarified by 5 of Pentacles) mean as somebody's thoughts about you?

My first instinct is to say, "Feeling sad and desperate because of a perceived rejection", with an element of overreaction.

Curious to know how you guys would interpret this combo... :)

What the question about someone's thoughts about you or about their feelings about you? In the question you said about their thoughts, in the thread's title you said it was about their feelings?

My answer is that Swords are already about someone's feelings. The 10's are...the greatest/largest amount of what the suit talks about you. So the answer is not so much about WHAT they are thinking but it is telling you they are thinking about you A LOT, you are almost always on their mind. There thoughts keep returning to you.

The 5 of Pents...well my way of reading is a bit unique but here goes anyway. I refer the number back to the Major Arcana of the same number and add in the suit. So 5 of Pents: 5 = the Heirophant + life goals and the work done to necessary to acheive them.

Hierophant=traditions passed down over generations, socially acceptable things, even sometimes legalities such as marriage.

Put that all together and it says that he is working on setting some goals in his mind for what he wants you two to be. These will fall into roles that are somewhat traditional (or sometimes the card could say that he wants to break with tradition) and potentially it could be saying that he is thinking about the idea of marriage with you.

Whatever it is , he's there thinking A LOT about it.

That is what those cards would mean to me. But then of course the card images give me most of my meanings and would flesh the answer out.

Babs

carcinya

You guys really are amazing. :heart:

SunChariot said:
What the question about someone's thoughts about you or about their feelings about you? In the question you said about their thoughts, in the thread's title you said it was about their feelings?

Yes, it was definitely thoughts. Feelings I did in another spread (posted in Your readings), and they were very positive. I edited the title of my post to correct my mistake, but it doesn't seem to show on the thread list. Sorry about that... :(

SunChariot said:
My answer is that Swords are already about someone's feelings. The 10's are...the greatest/largest amount of what the suit talks about you. So the answer is not so much about WHAT they are thinking but it is telling you they are thinking about you A LOT, you are almost always on their mind. There thoughts keep returning to you.

The 5 of Pents...well my way of reading is a bit unique but here goes anyway. I refer the number back to the Major Arcana of the same number and add in the suit. So 5 of Pents: 5 = the Heirophant + life goals and the work done to necessary to acheive them.

Hierophant=traditions passed down over generations, socially acceptable things, even sometimes legalities such as marriage.

Put that all together and it says that he is working on setting some goals in his mind for what he wants you two to be. These will fall into roles that are somewhat traditional (or sometimes the card could say that he wants to break with tradition) and potentially it could be saying that he is thinking about the idea of marriage with you.

Whatever it is , he's there thinking A LOT about it.

Wow. You're quite amazing, you know that? I'd never have thought to look at cards that way! But I like the way you refine the meaning of the cards to their core elements. That's definitely something I'll keep in mind. :heart:

About the 10 of Swords, would you refer it to the Wheel of Fortune as well? In that regard it could be his mind "churning with thoughts", or "thoughts running around in circle", or "circling an idea"... :)

Anyway, my thoughts keep returning to him as well even though I don't dare entertain thoughts of marriage yet. I wouldn't mind if he were thinking it though... :D

EDIT: Just thought about something. I'm currently in the process of finding a job in order to stay in Japan. Could it be he's waiting to find out if I'm staying for good before making a move, and turning the different possibilities around in his mind?

Okay this is getting complicated. :D

SunChariot

carcinya said:
About the 10 of Swords, would you refer it to the Wheel of Fortune as well? In that regard it could be his mind "churning with thoughts", or "thoughts running around in circle", or "circling an idea"... :)

Anyway, my thoughts keep returning to him as well even though I don't dare entertain thoughts of marriage yet. I wouldn't mind if he were thinking it though... :D

EDIT: Just thought about something. I'm currently in the process of finding a job in order to stay in Japan. Could it be he's waiting to find out if I'm staying for good before making a move, and turning the different possibilities around in his mind?

Okay this is getting complicated. :D

You could certainly use the 10's to refer back to the Wheel if you want. You're always free to take what someone else does and then alter it to work in the best way for you.

Essentially if you wanted to do that and it gave you the meaning above in a reading you're free to go with that. To me the Wheel saying that life/fate will unexptectedly send you something totally out of the blue that you had not at all planned on. So to me thought the 10 of Swords would say that something had happened between you (most likely in the recent past) that he had not at all planned for or expected and now he is thinking it out, trying to process it, trying to make sense of it....

It all depends on which reading method you choose to use before you start. Also on how you see the cards. Of course your interpretation of the Wheel if fine also. Whichever methods and meanings you choose the answers will come in that format.

:heart:
Babs

whatsername

Sassyjackal said:
There he is lying there with 10 swords in his back. “OUCH” over kill to say the least. Is this how we reacted to our problems? Or is this how we feel; “My life is Over!”or “ No one has ever suffered so much as me!” This card is drama...

Over kill. My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping that since it's a 10 that it's the end of the road that things might be looking up but drama queens hardly ever grow out of that stage...