"the star" for how someone feels hurt

rissa

Just interested in this card in this isolated position. Someone asking how they have hurt a friend lover, and the star was the result. Dont understand in this context, though the rest of the read was very on...

phoenixblu

hmm well when i see the card I see it as they are starry eyed about someone, sometimes possibly rather tinted specs about the person...

so this makes me think that possibly they are more hurt about the illusions that they had about the whole situation not happening....

rissa

Aha-see I took the card to represent the behaviour of the "hurter"
But that is an interesting way of looking- that the card represents WHAT WAS HURT.
Makes great sense. Thank you!

balenciaga

Also, the Star is often about what is not attainable, unreachable, too high up there in the sky for you to reach. It is a celestial, not of this earth. And it does not promise anything more than wishes.

starrystarrynight

The Star sometimes appears after a period of hurt or turmoil to remind the seeker that one of the things s/he must do is to keep the faith that things will get better and "heal" (physically or spiritually) soon. The seeker shouldn't give up hope when the Star appears.

Disa

I was thinking that perhaps it meant they gave the friend/lover false hope- led them on so to speak.

Disa

phoenixblu

well yeah rose tinted specs... illusions...

on my card... there is a chest releasing dragonflys... which makes me think that the truths are coming out the chest... opening new doors and opportunities... showing u the hope is there when your ready.

moderndayruth

rissa said:
Aha-see I took the card to represent the behaviour of the "hurter"
They say cards can sometime carry quite literal meanings, like, maybe the "hurter" was behaving as some kind of (super) star, like, "looking down" at the other person... Just a wilde guess, sorry if i am totally off with it :)

phoenixblu

moderndayruth said:
They say cards can sometime carry quite literal meanings, like, maybe the "hurter" was behaving as some kind of (super) star, like, "looking down" at the other person... Just a wilde guess, sorry if i am totally off with it :)

no i get where ur going... he was so big headed that he had someone who really was starry eyed about him... fed the ego a little.

berrieh

If the Star appeared in such a position, I would say that the querent didn't live up to that person's expectations (but that those expectations were unreasonable and not at all based on who the querent was), as I see that as an aspect of The Star anyway. So, I don't think it necessarily has to be WHAT was hurt... it could be, but it could be much more straightforward to your question.