Favorite Playing Cards method

MatPoint

Hey Lisa,

Chita St. Lorence book went OOP but I could find a used copy on Amazon, which I eventually ordered. I received it yesterday.

I like the history behind this method and I have done a couple of readings but I'll have to wait for 1 month to see if the predictions come true.

The handicap is that with this method the cards give you a straight answer but not much background and information about the question being asked.

Then I have also noticed that the cards not always answers your questions so that sometimes it just gives you a prediction that could be or not related to the querents question.

I have registered on The Art of Cartomancy forum and It seems an interesting method. I think I'm gonna learn it too. And I think I will end up using the Kapherus system.

The easy spreads of 3 cards or 6 cards seems too easy and they don't give too much information describing with details situations and predictions. So I wonder if you guys are using other spreads.

Meanwhile I will be experiencing with Chita's method which in fact is very easy and straight forwarded.

LisaW: I'm also wondering about the simplified gypsy method you have learnt from a professional reader. I just think that it could be a good choice to start with something you know (from the experiences of others) that work.

Let me know also what do you think about Regina's Russell method when you recieve the book.

Cheers!

Phoenix Rising

different methods

I've looked at Sophias, hedgwytchery, Nerys Dee, Jane Lyle's and personal prophecy probably being my favourite, I do know the author quite well Deborah Leigh. And one of my best friends been reading the cards for 25 years, she was taught by her grandmother, not sure what method she uses.

I've been neglecting my playing cards for a while now, since I picked up the lenormand. Ana Cortez I haven't looked at yet.

Phoenix

MatPoint

Hi Phoenix,

I've been reading Personal Prophesy, but I still haven't had the chance tu give it a go. Looks interesting the way she teaches the cards' meanings.

I didn't know about Nerys Dee, Nerys have good reviews on amazon.

Thank you.

Mat.

LisaW

hi-

Hi Mat :)
just a quickie as it's past midnight for me here in Nova Scotia-
I'm really glad that you registered at Kapherus' forum! I'm there too- but registered under my other name, SpiritSong-
both Aristede and I are planning on becoming more active there, now that Kapherus is back--so that will be fun! we'll all learn more together!
I will be sure to post when I receive Regina's book and cd...I traded doing a series of Lenormand readings for my cousin, in exchange for her sending it to me....well worth it too :)
The lady who shared her method with me, has been reading since she was a kid...she uses around 32 or 36 cards, and gave me kind of general meanings, sometimes simplistic.The thing with her, is that she's so blended with those cards that the meanings don't always come from logic, the cards are more of a jumping off point for her, and what she sees.
I have had success in practicing her way....but found it to be too limited for my taste...I wanted MORE! lol and when I saw that there were very decent systems using the full deck, I decided that I would re-train myself..
starting off with Kapherus or Regina will set you on the right course of study for the long run, I think...at least that's what my conclusion for myself is.
Look forward to talking to you there :)

LisaW (SpiritSong)

MatPoint

Hey LisaW!

I'm glad you are there too. I saw Aristede there too. My nickname is FreshMind over there.

Yes, that's also my experience. I'm happy with Chitas St. Lawrence method it is very direct but it gives very short and straight forward readings so it may not suit every situation.

Comparing Hedgwithery and Kapherus, I like kapherus the most, but don't ask me why it was just my gut. I do want to get Reginas' book and I will eventually.

See you on The Art of caromancy soon!!

Mat

LisaW

I just welcomed FreshMind!!! LOL
how funny! glad to know it's you!

LisaW (Spiritsong)

olivia

And ...I'm stargate :D

Bernice

Apologies people, think I misspelt Kapherus. Here's his forum. He used to have a website with his system but it's gone now, so look for the post that has a text download of it.

http://cartomancy.freeforums.org/index.php

Bee

LisaW

hey Olivia!
I love the name stargate!! very cool :)

part of my email address is "starpeople"!

LisaW (SpiritSong)

MatPoint

Hey Olivia,

I'm glad to know you are there too! haha

Mat