Lo Scarabeo Cardstock

Le Fanu

I also like their stock. At first glance it may seem thinner than some other decks but that cardstock is resilient. Flexible, smooth and resistant. I have never had an LoS deck that seemed - or proved to be - insubstantial.

Gwynydd

I enjoy Lo Scarabeo's card stock, for the most part. It feels nice and shuffles well. I'd love if it were thicker, but still great stock.

G6

I also like their stock. At first glance it may seem thinner than some other decks but that cardstock is resilient. Flexible, smooth and resistant. I have never had an LoS deck that seemed - or proved to be - insubstantial.

Lo Scarabeo's cardstock has degraded over the years. The quality deck I have from Lo Scarabeo is from 1998. I have quite a few decks from them and there is a difference in the cardstock quality. This recent printing of the Nefertari Tarot was so thin/cheap I got rid of it immediately.

gregory

I have almost every deck LoS has ever produced (it's a Mission !) - not this year's offerings yet, as I order in bulk in September to save on postage. I have NEVER had ANY problems with their cardstock. I find it exactly as Leffy described it. And it's durable, too.

Falcor

Lo Scarabeo's cardstock has degraded over the years. The quality deck I have from Lo Scarabeo is from 1998. I have quite a few decks from them and there is a difference in the cardstock quality. This recent printing of the Nefertari Tarot was so thin/cheap I got rid of it immediately.

Most of my LS decks are good but there is truth in your words. The quality of older prints is better. As a person who has both of versions(old printed decks and from 2010+ prints) I can compare. Today's decks can be good or not, depends on your luck. Some are really thin and breakable.

Which upsets me.

G6

Most of my LS decks are good but there is truth in your words. The quality of older prints is better. As a person who has both of versions(old printed decks and from 2010+ prints) I can compare. Today's decks can be good or not, depends on your luck. Some are really thin and breakable.

Which upsets me.

That's why I got rid of the Nefertari Tarot. When a deck is so cheaply made it will bend or chip and be ruined quickly. In technology this is referred to as planned obsolescence using non durable materials so replacement is needed quicker to meet sales goals. I received their Lo Scarabeo Tarot in a trade. The edges were all chipped off, so I trimmed it to the border and edged it to give it a second life. This is a deck I like, which they should offer in a premium edition with better quality cardstock.

EmpyreanKnight

I'm so sorry to hear this, G6. I have quite a few LS decks, and I've never had any problem with their cardstock. I have the Golden Universal, the Golden Visconti, and the Golden Tarot of Klimt, and tho they are quite thin, it's the sturdy, resilient sort that shuffles beautifully for me.

But thanks for the heads up! The Nefertari is firmly in my wish list, so I guess I have to be careful about the edition I buy to make sure I won't get one I'll dislike.

G6

I'm so sorry to hear this, G6. I have quite a few LS decks, and I've never had any problem with their cardstock. I have the Golden Universal, the Golden Visconti, and the Golden Tarot of Klimt, and tho they are quite thin, it's the sturdy, resilient sort that shuffles beautifully for me.

But thanks for the heads up! The Nefertari is firmly in my wish list, so I guess I have to be careful about the edition I buy to make sure I won't get one I'll dislike.

Yeah, the older versions of the Nefertari are better made. All the older LoScar decks are made better. Some of the newer ones have a bit more substance to them. My Tarot of the Pirates from 2007 is okay. Even my Golden Universal from 2012. I would stay away from the Nefertari I referenced above though. I hope all their new decks come with a special edition/premium option for better cardstock/printing. I also hope they do a premium edition for the Lo Scarabeo Tarot.

banbha

It appears there are at least 2 printings of the Nefertari Tarot...

Nefertari's Tarot (ISBN 9788865272312) printed in Italy?

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=20531567754&searchurl=isbn=9788865272312&

and..

Nefertari Tarot (isbn 9783933939135) printed by Konigs Furt in Germany?

https://www.abebooks.com/9783933939...rten-Spezial-Goldfolienprägung-3933939135/plp

I own the one immediately above (Konigs Furt), the card stock is sublime. It has weight, heft, flexibility and may last as long as the pyramids. ;)

There are several editions of the Nefertari. This one I tried was the revised 2nd edition printed in Italy dated 15 Apr 2013, ISBN # 9788865272312 and it was cheap junk. Thin as copy paper.

I'm sorry to hear this G6. Mine is printed in Italy with an ISBN 9788883951015. It's thin but flexible and resilient. Similar to my Klimt and Dream Enchantress (two LoS decks that I have on hand).

ETA: Just compared it to Golden Universal which I have but hadn't used and Nefertari's that I have is thinner and not as snappy.

magicjack

I guess I'm lucky because cardstock is not an issue with me. I like thin cardstock and I like the thicker cardstock also. Lo Scarabeo seems to have both so I'm not sure you can lump all their cards together. Most of their decks seem to be on the more sturdy side. The Golden Universal is very thin but I like that too. I even like Llewellyn cardstock. The only cardstock I seem to not care for is the cardboard stuff that feels like if I was to bend it, it will snap in half.