Another Faerie Newbie

Namaste

sagitarian said:
I agree with Alissa on that one, take it slow, and just do one daily card a day, it's a good way to take your time, taking it slow (as geo suggests) and get to know them individually. If you absolutely must do more then one card in a reading, the i advise to just stick to the three card reading.

The way i do three card readings is...

1. the issue (a different perspective on the situation)
2. me (how am i acting, or better yet, which faery am i acting like in contributing to the +/- situation at hand)
3. Advice (or which faery would best help me in this situation)

i really don't like future cards, so i try to stray away from them as much as possible in readings. If i can "see" a future with my clairovyance, then that's totally different, i will tell the person this information.

such a sweet sweet soul you are namaste, take care of yourself, and take the journey slow, we like to hear the stories of the fae, we don't care about experience. i love to learn from everyone, and i believe everyone at this forum has taught me something or another. hugs you tightly!

You have just afforded me, dear sag, my 100th contribution to AT's forums! :) Thank you.

Your advice, like your sister's, is inavaluable to me, and I am very grateful.

I do think that becoming acquainted with the fey one at a time is really, really wise.

I really like the breakdown of your three card spread with your explanations of each position. I think this spread must work wonderfully well.

*Blushing and hugging you back* Your kind words touch me and leave me a little at a loss for my own. I find it so enjoyable to be in the company of like-minded people. Bless you!

Your dislike for future cards mirrors mine for reversed ones, but perhaps my particular antipathy comes only from inexperience which might change over time.

One thing is for sure, from my short acquaintance with them: the faeries and their oracles are really wonderful!

I sometimes have difficulty remembering the significance of certain tarot cards in certain decks, but much of the description of each faery seems to stay in my mind without too much effort. (Maybe that's because I've only looked up five or six so far :laugh: )

I have been going on and on about myself and our beloved faeries, when I would love to know more about your (and your sister's) "growth" and "journeys" with these delightful companions. :)

Alissa

You know, this is one of the only decks I do not use reversals for. I just don't. I don't feel like I need them.

Neither do I think it's "wrong" if others do. But, I would add that as a rule, I don't.

Namaste

Alissa said:
You know, this is one of the only decks I do not use reversals for. I just don't. I don't feel like I need them.

Neither do I think it's "wrong" if others do. But, I would add that as a rule, I don't.

Thank you for sharing that, Alissa. :)

Up until now I haven't felt the need for reservals, even with my tarot decks, although I am sure that there is another whole dimension of wisdom to be garnered from reversed cards that I am missing out on. I know that there are at least two philosophies about this issue which are avidly debated by proponents of both schools of thought.

The Faeries Oracle seems to be very different from anything I have ever encountered; my impression is that these beloved faeries dance very much to their own drummers. :)

sagitarian

Doesn't read these cards reversed either. I feel that they speak so closely to the soul, as Alissa commonly describes, they hold up mirrors to reflect what's inside of you. The way i read reversed cards is that the meaning applies to the querents' internal issues vs. external issues. With these cards, that divided line between the two doesn't exist, and therefore, i find no need to use reversals with them.

Namaste

sagitarian said:
The way i read reversed cards is that the meaning applies to the querents' internal issues vs. external issues.

What an interesting idea, sag! :)

I will give it a try. Maybe even keep one of my decks just for the purpose of uprights and reversals.

Thanks again, kindred spirit!

sagitarian

Namaste said:
What an interesting idea, sag! :)

I will give it a try. Maybe even keep one of my decks just for the purpose of uprights and reversals.

Thanks again, kindred spirit!

your more then welcome Namaste!