Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Favorite Card

Alissa

Wow wonderful insights Demonesse! I adore the Faery Godmother, she is my Fae deck's "significator" card.

Her presence usually makes me feel calm and taken care of. Wonderful card!!

Wisp Wings

Power Card Favorite

On picking out the power cards both the best and the least liked, I really had about four in each and had to work to narrow it down to just the one for both. I did these back in May and am just now posting them here. Of course, I followed as the book stated and hadn't read what Jesa wrote of her meaning. This was first impressions and meanings of mine.

Favorite was "Penelope Dreamweaver"

1. What is the emotional atmosphere of the card? Utter calm. Does it seem peaceful? YES! Happy? Maybe. Sad? NO. Lonely? No. Friendly? Yes. What else? Tranquil. Being deep within herself. Communicating on a higher level. Knowing the true essence of whatever her mind moves to explore. She has great reasoing and creativity. Her dreamweaving can become reality, if she desires to form it.

2. What might the physical manifestation of this card's symbols be in someone's life? Self assurance. Follow after your dreams, your heart, your aspirations. What aspect of life does this card symbolize to you? For me -- the exact same as the last question. It is about peace and inner hearing of your guidance, being on the path you are meant to be on for this time in life. Just dream your dreams and make reallity the ones you "know" you need to.

3. What do you see in the card's symbols that might represent the card's mental characterists? The fact that there is a sweeping arc of stars at her feet and up to her hips on each side of her tells me her thoughts, her vision is higher than the stars. That there is no place out of range to seek. So from the mudane and the practical to the most fanciful, they are but opened doors to her.
Darkness -- with the dark either things are in a sense of being void, a nothingness as they are hidden from physical sight, or they merely are not there, they just don't exist.

Light -- it is raw energy. It tears through the darkness.

As to what this card is speaking of, it is as far as the mind can reach when unleashed. The possiblilities are without limit! Note again the calm, relaxed expression on Penelope's face. It is there because to whatever realms she travles to, she charts the course, the dreams are hers and she keeps control.

4. What are the spiritual characteristics of the card's symbols? Light and dark -- good and evil. Empathy, compassion, I believe are there. Healing, awareness, teaching and questioning certainly the present.

5. What do you find most appealing about this card? Her overall appearance!

6. Is there anything you find uncomfortable or unappealing about this card? No.

7. Have you any other ideas about or impressions of this card? I feel any movement of her would send light energy dancing to other areas of herself and some would re-settle back to their current positions. There is a connection between her and the ball of light above her right palm. Did she create it? Draw it to her? What is being communicated here?

Alissa

Wow, Wispy, I loved reading this too!

Isn't Penelope gorgeous? The essence of otherworldly communication.

I had Penelope come to me one day when I had a particularly effective "vision"/contact/connection take place. Remembering that vision, and hearing your words (especially the ball of light/energy she holds and "drawing it to her," and that her mind's reach "beyond the stars") was amazing for me -- like listening to Penelope remind me of her presence around me on that beautiful day last April.

Wisp Wings

Alissa said:
Wow, Wispy, I loved reading this too!

Isn't Penelope gorgeous? The essence of otherworldly communication.

I had Penelope come to me one day when I had a particularly effective "vision"/contact/connection take place. Remembering that vision, and hearing your words (especially the ball of light/energy she holds and "drawing it to her," and that her mind's reach "beyond the stars") was amazing for me -- like listening to Penelope remind me of her presence around me on that beautiful day last April.

Oh I agree! She is such an inspiring presence too. She is stately and calm, but there is such a current of energy all in and around about her. Seems so odd to think of both calmness and excitement being conjured up together, yet this is how I feel seeing this card and I believe she adds this to aid us in her giving us inspiration. Is both calmness and excitement key ingredients in having confidence? Of course one has to have courage and a belief in self too. There is certainly an air of confidence in her.

Even if she wasn't a faery of beauty to the eye, she would still radiant beauty. Its a combined beauty of outer and inner beauty. Perhap due to the tranquil inner beauty, she just seems to have an outward beauty. I see it as both in her, but coming from within first. Our dreams are often mysteries, yet they usually bring an awe, a bliss and a happiness to them. Seems fitting that a Weaver of dreams would be the same. Why am I talking of this along with beauty? Isn't these same things also ones that hold the allure of attraction? This is why. Maybe this is how she gains control to be a weaver of dreams. When firmly rooted (or should I say finely wove) what results? I know she works with the sister faes the book told of us, but I am certain she works with the Singers too. When vision and inspiration unites with intuition and connection, the energy of creative expression is birthed. There is within the core of us a correctness, a ringing of knowing that bubbles up. That empression may be just the reaching to a deeper insightfulness or it maybe expressed in some outlet within our individual talents and skills.

She most assuredly invokes much in my dreams and daydreams and meditations.

Little Baron

Just stumbled in here to look at my first posts with this deck and to see who it was that I chose as my favourite intitially. I chose Ffaf the Footer. I havn't used this deck in a while and as soon as they got out of the bag, the fan in my room managed to swing itself round and blow paper everywhere, my computer is playing tricks on me and I can't find my lighter. I think, these days, I prefer Solus. He just mesmorises me.

Glad that you are all having fun in here still. Will put this deck away before any more mischief is caused.

yaboot

Little Baron

Just picked up tarot bag to put them away and they all sprayed out all over the floor!!!!!!!!!!! I have naughty faeries!!!!

Yab

Genna

I guess they want to say that they would like to come out and play with you more often.

ultraviolet

My favorite card was the Green Woman. I really liked this Faery the instant I saw her.

Emotionally the atmosphere of this card is very teasing and tempting. She makes me curious about what she knows that I don't. She also has a happy and innocent side to her.

Physically she seems to be about mystery, love, nurturance, secrets and playfullness. She tells me to lighten up!

Mentally this Faery is simple and open. She expresses wisdom and freedom from thought. I see truth in her.

Spiritually the Green Woman makes me think of growth through compassion for others. She likes to have fun with people to show them new perspectives.

I love the looks on both of the characters faces. The Green Woman looks like she's having fun with a secret, and her little nature friend looks completely blissful.

The only thing that bothers me about this Faery is that the look in her eyes might indicate that her knowledge holds tremendous power. I guess that's not a bad thing, though, considering her intentions are filled with love and compassion for others.

mazzy

*just got my faeries oracle two days ago!*

My favourite is "the friends".
(Ooookay, I'm not very articulate, this may be a bit short and to the point...)

1. What is the emotional atmosphere of the card?
Happiness. Togetherness. Fun.

2. What might the physical manifestation of this card's symbols be in someone's life?
Help your friends, make new friends, look after relationships

3. What do you see in the card's symbols that might represent the card's mental characterists?
One friend is supporting the other, speaks for itself really. It feels very vibrant and energetic because they are moving quickly and laughing

4. What are the spiritual characteristics of the card's symbols? friendship, love, happiness, helping others

5. What do you find most appealing about this card?
They look so sweet :) I had to say it

6. Is there anything you find uncomfortable or unappealing about this card?
Nothing whatsoever

7. Have you any other ideas about or impressions of this card?
Hm, when I read that it said that your favourite shows 'what you are most trying to create in your life/what you secretly want most (or something like that) " I thought wow, I never really thought about it but I've never had a best friend! And if I had been slightly doubtful before (my first oracle deck) I felt a bit more confident about it.

Alissa

hi mazzy!

I think you expressed the atmosphere of the Friends card beautifully. And, I also think that for this deck and our favorite card, it also can represent that which we are most seeking to create in our lives. It may be that this aspect of unconditional, giving friendship is something you should give the most attention to. Faeries can help point out our genuine needs.

They can also make for fantastical Friends themselves, the Fae. ;)

wishing you and your Faeries well ...
Alissa (who's feeling Faery-less, since she loaned her deck to a friend who wants to get one for a tattoo).

(pouts *but I want my fae back~!*)