Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Favorite Card

Alissa

Friends... I love that card.

I love how the skinny little faerie is down there grinning as she supports her heavy hedgehog, effortlessly. Strength comes from unlikely sources, and our friends are often our sources of external strength that support us in times of need.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Namaste and I agree, post your thoughts on Solus as well! You seem touched by the Fae ;)

floracove

Spirit Dancer

I found her the most comfortable.

Emotional:
Happy, carefree, graceful, as in being spirited away...
Caught up in the moment of song, dance, anything that causes your heart to be light.

Physical:
Moving, action, laughing, happy!

Mental:
Content, confident, free & enlightened!

Spiritual:
Enlightened, inspired!

Most appealing:
light out of darkness, graceful happy heart.

Light is loved by darkness...

cSpaceDiva

The Maiden 14

I have been away for a while, so it nice to have finally have someone to share this with.

1. Emotional Atmosphere: Cheerful, happy, proud, a joy spreader, someone to laugh and be silly with

2. Physical Manifestation: She reminds me of innocence, my own childhood, the original self, but she is also a little chubby, as am I. Definitely non-threatening.

3.Mental characteristics: Intelligent, but naive. Precocious, but also forgiving. She knows more than she says. So yes, multi-dimensional and a little confusing.

4. Spirtual characteristics: Faithful, bright, aware, helpful.

5. Most Appealing: Seeing myself, Comfort, smiling, crown of stars, completely at home with herself, not ashamed.

6. Uncomfortable: Reminds me of pain in my childhood, the pain that children endure before they learn how to defend themselves.

7. Impressions: I get the idea of regeneration. When her wings become damaged, she grows new ones. Look at all the remains of tattered wings. That's how I know her soul is older and wiser than her appearance. I get the feeling she is someone you would trust. She may lead you into some dark places, places you might be afraid to go, but you will follow her to make sure that she is OK.

FaeryGodmother

The Dark Lady

I did these exercises when I first got the deck so I'm going by memory of what I thought then. I looked for the journal that I wrote it all down in but can't find it. So anyway here goes....

1. Powerful. Calm. Patient expectation. Like the feeling between seeing the flash of lightening and waiting for the thunder- the feeling between asking the riddle and waiting for the answer.

2. This feeling manifests to me physically as when you know what you need to do, have planned it and are now just about to start doing it. Theres a perfection of idea to me. Like having planned the battle and now waiting for the first arrow to be fired.

3. Mentally the Dark Lady strikes me as a simple expression of a complex idea. Sometimes the first impression isn't always the right one. She seems to be saying "are you sure thats your answer? Is that your FINAL answer?"

4. Spiritually I see a wise being who stands before the questing hero challenging him/her to give the right answer to the riddle. Like a test, the hero must trust that their intuitions are true, see things as they really are and apply what they have learnt from their quest.

5. I found the Dark Lady's expression most appealing. She looks to me like a mother trying to be stern and not show her wayward child that she's about to laugh.

6. Possibly the colour of her skin is what I find least appealing. Maybe she's had one too many wheat grass shots?

7. The sphinx is pregnant. That dark line below her navel shows it, but she's only half way along. Long enough to know what it is going to be like, start to get used to the idea but still with quite some way to go before full realisation. There are riddles to be answered before the Dark Lady will see you. Its almost 'wizard of oz'. Answer the riddles only to learn that is in answering the riddles posed to you that you find what you were seeking... something you had all along.

There it is. I'm not sure how much my experience of the cards has influenced what I remember of my original answers but those answers are certainly true for me now.
FGM

tzuki

Losgunna

My favorite was harder to decide upon than my least favorite, but I finally settled upon Losgunna.
the other contenders were: the Master Maker
Undressing of a Salad
the Laume
and the Faery Godmother

But I finally chose Losgunna, on the strength of if I were to have the original painting, which would I choose?

I love this card! My interpretation of it is that its like a wood, or a fruitcake, or hummus....its one thing composed of many others, all seperate entities yet creating one larger thing...um, sorry, not expressed well at all I know...its like music of several instruments & voices, or a poem of different words, a family etc etc.

I'm sure you don't need any more clumsy analogies!!!

& the card means compromise, courtesy, empathy (That seemed most important!) and also lots of secrets, working behing the scenes.

I was also really intrigued by the 2 little redcap girls.

It's hard not to 'cheat' & read thru' the book first, but I'll spend time with each card first, & write it down in my notebook.

I have the idea though, that these favorites/unfavorites will change all the time.

Chubby Mummy

Himself

Ive not had these cards long, but I got straight to it!
This card is perhaps what drew me to buying the Faeries Oracle...He seems...
1.In control
2.Strong
3.Intuitive
4.Calm
5.Collected
6.Knows all
7.Controlling
8.All-powerful

When I looked the card up for the first time I saw that I was not far off...its such a beautiful card, and well I guess its how I want to be..Im not always calm and I like to believe I know it all!! (but of course I dont! :p)

XX
CM

mnemosyne7

Epona's Wild Daughter

Last summer, I bought several boxes of books, decks and other items from a metaphysician in need of much space. Froud's Faery Oracle was in one of the boxes. I'm a "dyed-in-the-wool" Tarot geek, and have tended not to use "oracle" decks, but the darned thing was too pretty to get rid of.

Half a year later, I am playing with the faeries regularly (they are tricksy that way), and if there is one card that says it all for me, it's Epona's Wild Daughter. I'm never sure if I'm the weeping girl or her scourge and/or comforter. Or if, although it looks bleak on the surface, they're not really sharing a joke so intimate that they laughed until they both wept, and then they got reminded of something so sad ... Still working on it. Course, maybe I'm just the wide-eyed owl in observation mode.

I teach lots of Tarot classes, and I always bring this deck to share with the class when I teach storytelling with the Tarot ... even though it's not a "tarot" deck ... the faeries insist!

Mnemosyne

seapearls

My favourite is "The Bright Mother".

1. What is the emotional atmosphere of the card?
soft, caring, gentle

2. What might the physical manifestation of this card's symbols be in someone's life?
care for others

3. What do you see in the card's symbols that might represent the card's mental characterists?
her holding a fae baby whose standing on a bubble/sphere, the crescent moon, ribblons down her arm and flowers in her hair. It all seems goddess like and motherly

4. What are the spiritual characteristics of the card's symbols? nuturing

5. What do you find most appealing about this card?
her skin looks very soft and she looks very delicate

6. Is there anything you find uncomfortable or unappealing about this card?
the little ugly guys around her eyeballing her like shes meat, theres 3 of them doing this

7. Have you any other ideas about or impressions of this card?
I think this instantly became my favorite card because when I got the deck I had recently had our 1st child so maybe I felt like her.

beithe

Hi all!

It didn't take much forethought to know that Green Woman is me and I am she.

The emotional aspects of this card seem wild yet controlled to me. Kind of like my life has been to date.

I see her as the end result of a woman's life who has been there and done that and had it done to her...many times not in a way she liked. However, the mental outcome is strength and the personality is, at least to me, "Well if you can't take a joke....." Greenwoman makes me feel grounded in who I am.

The antlers are, to me again, very Celtic, and the dog-type faery (?) very domestic. Again that is how I see myself, I am Irish/Scot descent, can be domestic (if I choose, I normally do not choose).

There is a great root system to the Greenwoman I think there is strength and forebearance and a facial expression that ought to be posted on the front door of woman's groups meetingplaces everywhere. She ought to be our mascot. She is so obviously wise. And she is so obviously together. And she so very obviuosly doesn't care whether or not you approve.

Yup. I love that girl. :D

beithe (who is now going to talk to the faeries...)