Another new Faery Oracle owner....

Satori

Well, the Guide card about did me in.
I am not a good sketch artist.
And they want people to add an ugly card to this beautiful deck of faeries???? I just didn't get that at all. Still don't...
I mean, let's just prove to people how good Brian Froud really is. Let's ask them to add a card they draw to the lovely deck and shuffle it up and lay out a spread for a stranger and poof! ugly card pops up.
What does the guide card do other than attune the deck? Do you add it to the deck for readings?

Do you guys go along with the book and the whole power cards thing? I mean i did it, but what now.....do you keep going and make up meanings for the deck? Or do you use theirs? Believe me I'm in the throw away the meanings mode right now, but I have a foundation of information and study with tarot....but with this deck, I have less foundation.....and I like the meanings in the book.....

And how many of you are in lust with some of the strong guy faeries? How about Himself? OOO baby. I dare not say more...he is a card and paper right????? have I just cursed myself some how....for all time....?

Let me tell you thatt the card I chose that I liked the least is very apropos for me right now.....learning how to shut up and not gossip....right hard too.........

I could go on and on.
I like the deck.
It made me dizzy the first few times I worked with it. And I mean just holding it and doing the exercises. Just sifting thru the pictures.....

the busy cards confuse me, the ones of about 30 folk on the card, the troops.....and why do some of them stand on another's head? cute tho.

Alissa

Congratulations elf!!! :D

No, I never drew my Faery guide card. But I did see Her once, meditating while sunbathing about a year and some ago. She was pretty... I ran inside and sketched Her on a piece of ruled 8x11 paper, and then forgot about it. Never felt compelled to transfer it onto the Guide Card. And I don't use the Guide Card when I read... just me.

Himself... OMG, isn't he beautiful??? I spent forever with him when I first opened this deck. I kept the card next to me, on the couch, like a partner, while I thumbed through the rest of the cards. Even still, I didn't chose him for my favorite, although he's always one of them in my heart, and he knows it. Himself and I like to party. Himself likes to chill....

I kept the book on my shelf for about the first 8 months. After a long time of scrapping the meanings, like you mention, I got curious. Follow your instincts, but this deck really opens up without need for a book. I recommend learning to really Listen to the cards first, before reading what Froud says.

You think seeing 30 faeries on a card is confusing?? ;) You should get a Faery reading from my sister, sagitarian. When she reads, she tells you what every faery on the card is saying to you right now! :eek: Not just "the card's message," but 30 messages in one card!!! :D

Ruby7

Hi elf, I haven't drawn my card either. I like the faeries but find them overwhelming and to be honest sometimes scary. Most of the decks I use are ones that I can relax with before I go to sleep and the faeries are too much for that.

I like the book and it's meanings a lot, especially since these characters are so personal to Brian Froud.

Ruby7

Little Baron

Hi

Like the others, I never drew my own card either.

I have had little to do with this deck in a few years but it is lovely and I quite like the fact that there isn't a foundation, like there is with the tarot. It makes it very different in readings.

Laughed about your comments on Himself ... know what you mean though; Solus was quite an inspiration when I found him, lol.

Yab

darwinia

elf said:
And how many of you are in lust with some of the strong guy faeries?

Solus, he'd only have to look at me and I'd melt. We could have Icarus sex and burn, baby, burn.

Satori

Yes, Solus is right up there too.....No pun intended....But I get the feeling Dark Lady does not like it at all that we are so attracted to the guys.....Because male or female it looks like she wants us all attracted to her. That look is positively carnal.
She is quite the femme fatale. I'm hiding my husband is all I can say. (My husband has a beard, but without the beard he looks a little like Himself, especially around the mouth and chin. My husband's chin is like Himself's, close to the lower lip.)

You know, I didn't expect my first faery thread to be so um, well, sexually oriented, but the deck is pretty lusty don't you think? I mean, I'm looking thru the cards waiting to see the card titled "The Rutt" but it they kept it more subtle. Ahem...Unlike me.

Darwinia you always make me laugh. I love your posts. Yaboot, love your new avatar. I'm jealous. I still don't have one and you change avatars all the time....

Anyway, to get back on topic, The Sage came up for me yesterday, and even tho he has that white eye, I quite like him too. LOL. I'm laughing a little...maybe nerves. Still getting to know this little community, and don't know what to expect given that reading a few of the posts here, this doesn't sound like your average deck....

Things go missing here regularly so I won't know probably if the Fae are behind it....but we shall see if the house spirits get rumbly with the new additions.....let's just hope the kids don't get sucked into the TV! (shades of Poltergeist) I have enough to worry about right now....

Satori

Ruby7 said:
Hi elf, I haven't drawn my card either. I like the faeries but find them overwhelming and to be honest sometimes scary. Most of the decks I use are ones that I can relax with before I go to sleep and the faeries are too much for that.

I like the book and it's meanings a lot, especially since these characters are so personal to Brian Froud.

Ruby7

Hey ruby7,
Scary. Hmm.

I wouldn't say scary.

Otherworldly. Enigmatic. A bit hungry...and that is tied up with the sexuality. But I don't find them scary.

You know, if the book appeals to you then do what a woman I met one night does, open the book randomly and whatever catches your eye, whatever phrase, that is your oracular advice.

I do that quite often with magazines, novels any print media that comes to hand.

I ask, "please show me what I need to know now". Obviously some books work better than others for this, but you will be amazed if you work with it and you try it often with a variety of books, what you learn.

Don't be scared Ruby7.
Identify what it is that scares you about the cards and then you are on the way to putting that scariness to pasture.

Blessings and a big hug for you!
(((((((Ruby7)))))))

Satori

I did draw it.
In pencil.
A goddess figure is in the upper left half of the card, arms raised up, a crescent crown on her head and under her feet.
A crescent moon in the lower left corner and upper right.
lower right corner has a grape leaf and a stem and flower just below the right crescent moon.....

It is so goofy. Once it has been with the deck for abit i'll put it away in my little box with other extra cards from decks.

Alissa

elf said:
Yes, Solus is right up there too.....No pun intended....But I get the feeling Dark Lady does not like it at all that we are so attracted to the guys.....Because male or female it looks like she wants us all attracted to her.
Who says I'm not??? }) :*

Little Baron

Hey, hey, you lot! This Solus stuff made me laugh a lot. There was a thread a while back about him looking different in different decks, maybe down to printing. He is a handsome devil in one and all though.

Yaboot