Slowly opens the door

Osher

Back in the summer I saw the Faeries Oracle, but it didn't feel like the right time to get it. Anyway, Friday, it just felt right for 'something', so, went to Ottaker's in Camberley. I didn't really know what I wanted, but when I saw the box of the Faeries Oracle, I knew it was right!

OK, so, I have a sore throat, and not in the mood for bonding. However, when I get over this cold I plan to start the bonding process, and learning.

Anyway, just wanted to open the door, and say hi.

lark

Well hi Osher!
Come right in.
When they want to come home with you they do!!
When you feel comfortable with them.....
(which will be never, because they keep you on your toes)
So what I mean is when they relentlessly hound you, come and join us in our new Faerie Oracle reading group.
Nothing scary just one card readings for now.
Yaaahhhhh Oshers here!!!!!!!!!

Moonbow

Hi Osh

This was my first deck even before Tarot. I Bought it for the art - Brian Froud is just amazing. It was about a month later that I bought my first Tarot, and in that time I got to know it really well.

I'm so glad to see a man with this deck, and there is absolutely no reason why not. Good for you. It's still the best oracle that I have, although I haven't used it on a regular basis for many months. But I would say that to get the best out of it - you have to. Each of the Fae have something special to say and once you get into their individual personalites, you will find the deck very insightful (in my opinion).

My advice is to work through the beginning pages of the book 'before' playing with the cards. But of course it's up to you (and I may already be too late with this tip) :) Nice one!

sagitarian

yeah, Osher's here.

Hey Osher, so glad that you joined us in our little faery dusted part of the forums. Can't wait to hear your faery stories. When you do feel up to it, please do the excercises in the book and post what fae showed up, there is a thread for each, your favorite, your least favorite, and universal. Take care.

Sagitarian

Alissa

Congratulations Osh! I hope you enjoy the deck as much as I have, and please do come back and contribute often! I happen to think we need more men in our FO forum, as the Fae certainly know there are more than just females who talk to Fae. ;)

The exercises in the beginning are priceless, brilliant. Don't read the card meanings, you won't need to... not at first anyhow, is my experience.

TemperanceAngel

YAY Osher!

I ran hot and cold with this deck, but of recent have been drawing a daily Fae and they have brought so much insight into my life. They are blunt though, there is no sugar coating going on there!

Enjoy :D

Osher

I have to admit, it's been 6 months since I last looked at this deck... Funny, I was so full of energy for this deck back then. Maybe now I'll re-start my journey with this deck?

MercyMe

Funny how the faeries will sit so quietly by and then all of a sudden we feel a kind of prompting to talk with them again. This happened to me...only my break from the faeries lasted years. Not with this deck, exactly, but with Froud's Faeries book. I had lost the book years before and a few years ago just HAD to get it back, so found a copy on eBay and snatched it up. A few years later got Good Faeries/Bad Faeries via a friend and when I saw this deck, well, naturally I HAD to have it. :) But I don't use it all the time. Rather, it sits until the faeries tie the hair right in front of my ears in knots while I sleep...heh. Ouch! Ok! You have my attention!

It's a great deck, but doesnt really require study or learning. Just listening.

~Mercy

SunChariot

Osher said:
Back in the summer I saw the Faeries Oracle, but it didn't feel like the right time to get it. Anyway, Friday, it just felt right for 'something', so, went to Ottaker's in Camberley. I didn't really know what I wanted, but when I saw the box of the Faeries Oracle, I knew it was right!

OK, so, I have a sore throat, and not in the mood for bonding. However, when I get over this cold I plan to start the bonding process, and learning.

Anyway, just wanted to open the door, and say hi.

Hi to you also Osher!

Well poor you! Get well soon!!!!

You are in for a literally amazing time with the faeries. I'm sure it will be way more than you anticipated. And bring all kinds of joy to your life.

Have fun!!!

Bar

SunChariot

TemperanceAngel said:
YAY Osher!

I ran hot and cold with this deck, but of recent have been drawing a daily Fae and they have brought so much insight into my life. They are blunt though, there is no sugar coating going on there!

Enjoy :D

I agree with that about the bluntness. I find it my most honest deck. And I totally love that. When I want advice it is because I want to improve my life. The decks that sugarcoat it can be flattering but not as direct. When they pussyfoot around too much you can miss part of the message. And then you do not act on it as effectively.

My faeries have in the past month pointed out to me at least 3 self-distructive habits I have been in for decades that I was unaware of, why it is hurtful and why I should stop. As soon as I heard of each of them, it was like a veil was pulled away and for the first time in years/decades I was seeing clearly. I love them for it.

They're amazingly good friends. You can always count on them. That and they're so much fun.:)

And that the faeries do tend to drop by and make themselves known with or without the deck. :) And I couldn't be happier for their presense in my life.:) Love them all.

Bar