card # 0

MercyMe

Bar, I LOVE your card! I was drawn in specifically by the photograph of you in the lower left -- what an exquisite moment of giggly joy caught forever! It's as if your essence was frozen in time. Lovely! Just looking at that wonderful little girl lifted my spirit instantly. And you're right, the fairy IS watching over you. And I can see the images in the leaves and it does look like a magical world you lived/live in. I love that card.

~Mercy

SunChariot

Thanks so much! Always ready to lift someone's spirits when I can. :)

Well that's who I was once. :) I've been through a lot in my life since then, but I really want to refind that in my life. And I just have a sense that this deck will be a big help to me in refinding my sense of playfullness, and joy and giggling again. :) That and I wanted to add that energy into the deck to help with the process. As for magic in the world, that I know for sure exists. :)

I need to treat it now, cause it is too soft. On the test copy the ink came off a bit with my fingernail. I need something to harden it as I want it to last hopefully forever. But not something that will crack and not bend. I'm scared of painting something on that will run the ink...

I am off the the art store tomorrow to see if I can find something that will do the trick. LOL Wish me luck.:)

Bar

lunar_rabbit

That is WONDERFUL! What a magical card you created. It is definitely from your heart and soul. Thank you SO much for sharing it with us. Such an inspiration for the rest of us scaredy cats who still have a blank #0 card!

Have you already glued your creation to your card, or are you still working on the original? I was thinking that this image is so ingrained in your mind that you might not even need to literally attach it to the deck card. You could leave it as is, and put a copy of the image along with your decks. When you are doing readings and card #0 come up, then you could take out your collage and meditate on it.

That said, I think there must be a craft medium that would work for you. My first thought is ModPodge (sp?), but I'm not sure how flexible it is as far as shuffling would go. Just be sure to keep your original and practice with your copies! Did you say you did this all on the computer?

Again... great card! I'm so impressed!

SunChariot

Thanks lunar-rabbit!

That means a lot coming from you, I take it you have some artistic training from your bio.

I did put some of my heart and soul into it, and I like the idea of adding my image to those of the faeries and mixing our energies. :)

Yes I did it all on my computer. I scanned an photo of my backyard and then scanned the image of me. Actually both images were much larger, I "cropped" them. Of course the backyard was regular photo size (wider than it was long) and in the childhood photo, my sister and cousin were to the right of me. I removed them as they did not seem necessary to the energy of the deck.

After the two were "cropped", each in it's own document. I copied the childhood one and pasted it onto the backyard one and resized it a bit. Then I ran some searches on the Net for faery photos. And found that one and copied and pasted it in....and resized...Then kept printing and resizing the whole until I got it down to exactly the size of the card.:)

Hope I didn't bore you to tears with the details. LOL

Actually I do need to attach it to the card image. LOL I took a chance the other day as the image came out so nicely on the shiny paper, I took a deep breath and tried printing it directly on the card. Which unfortunately was a better idea in theory than in practice, The ink did not "stick" and beaded up in a big mess. I tried to wipe it off, but the front of the card has a smeary mess on it now. LOL So that's a warning to anyone who tries to print ON the card. :)

Other than that, I made the image exactly the same size as the card, with a white border along the bottom where I wrote "Card 0" and "Faery Guide". I also think it is kind of cool to have my handwriting on it too, as our handwriting is so much a part of who we are too. But yes, I will have to glue it. LOL But I am sure I will be happy when I get it all done.

I am off today to see if I can find and art store open and find something to meet my sealant needs. Then I will take a deep breath again and glue and seal it. Of course I will try the sealant on the test copy first.

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!

Bar

Satori

I love it too.
Makes me wish I knew how to do something like that with my computer.

Thanks for sharing. Great pic of you too. Lovely.

SunChariot

Thanks Elf!

It's really not hard. If you have the image processing programme on your computer it couldn't be easier. And all these programmes come with tuturials. :) If you have your photos developed on CDs you wouldn't even need the scanner.

I have iPhoto Express. Although it is an older programme, not sure if it still exists.

Bar