froude's faeries

inanna_tarot

Most people that get the faeries never look back - and cant imagine how they managed without the wee folk to make life interesting :)

Just to add - I have never found a bag that my faeries are happy in. When I'm travelling they sit happily in another tote, but when I'm home they like to sit pride of place in my little faery corner :)

Sezo
x

Rattiemama

I can not recomend this deck highly enough.

The cards are beautiful and the book is full of helpful suggestions. The whole thing is very high quality. I made a box for my cards and carry that, the book, and a journal of my own thoughts on trips all the time. I find the insights from this deck indespensible.

You will not be sorry if you pay the money. It is well worth it.

darwinia

It's a nice set--very haunting accuracy in depicting human qualities--even the ones you don't want to acknowledge. I think this is why it's so successful. It has the ability to get people to drop the mask.

I agree that the Faeries' book is well produced and of excellent quality. It is a hardcover measuring 6 x 8 inches with 205 pages. It is printed on sturdy parchment-coloured paper and the text is printed in a dark blue. The cards are reproduced in a blue duotone which is gorgeous and still retains the colour depth and tones of the full-colour cards. It really feels special like an antique book.

The write-up on each card contains the meaning and discussion of the card with interpretations of "Starter Reading" and "Reverse" after that. All very insightful and encouraging toward developing your own intuition and insights.

Lots of information on spreads and how the cards were developed and how to use them. Usually authors skimp on this part because it's much like an introduction or preface and people want to get to the cards, but I was very impressed with the meaty introductory section of this book, which made it stand out for me.

I recently bought a copy of Froud's "The Runes of Elfland" book that he did with Ari Berk, to mix into my rune study with six rune decks and my own runes. That is another possibility for people who like his artwork.

Disa

I have to agree that this deck is very easy to read intuitively. I'm not really even a (hard-core) fan of faeries, but these cards really worked well for me. I did not read the descriptions of the cards because I didn't want to let them interfere with my intuition. I may read them later after I've worked with the deck a bit more. I did do the exercises in the front of the book and found them helpful.

P.S. As far as where to store them. I keep them in a the box that Lady Cottington's pressed fairy note cards came in. I thought it only fitting.They fit perfectly in there and leave a little extra space for some nice crystals.

BrightEye

thank you thank you everyone. i'm about to buy it but one last question: how big are the cards?

Disa

About the same as all my other decks- 3x5 inches. Not too big, not too small. I hope you love them. They really "Speak" . Good luck ;)

a_shikhs

They are very comfortable for your hands and very easy to shuffle. ANd yes, they do "SPEAK".. :D