Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 24 - #24

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 24
Number: 24

Symbol: AN OPEN WINDOW AND A NET CURTAIN BLOWING INTO THE SHAPE OF A CORNUCOPIA.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Aries 24 is:
ARIES 23 ~ A WOMAN IN PASTEL COLOURS IS CARRYING A HEAVY AND VALUABLE BUT VEILED LOAD.

The Quest Symbol for Aries 24 is:
ARIES 25 ~ A DOUBLE PROMISE REVEALS ITS INNER AND OUTER MEANINGS.

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 24 is:
LIBRA 24 ~ A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Aries 24 are:
CANCER 24 ~ A WOMAN AND TWO MEN (OR TWO MEN AND A WOMAN) CAST AWAY ON A SMALL ISLAND.

LIBRA 24 ~ A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY.

CAPRICORN 24 ~ A WOMAN ENTERING A CONVENT.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Aries 24 are:
CANCER 6 ~ IN SPRING GAMES BIRDS ARE FEATHERING THEIR NESTS.

VIRGO 18 ~ TWO GIRLS PLAYING WITH AN OUIJA BOARD.

SCORPIO 30 ~ CHILDREN IN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES INDULGING IN VARIOUS ORANKS.

AQUARIUS 12 ~ PEOPLE ON A VAST STAIRCASE, GRADUATING UPWARDS.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

WOW another amazing symbol, why do I have a Libra jupiter!! Oh well, the cornucopia of plenty, blowing in out around - lovely!

Dr Jones says the key word is munificence (extremely liberal generosity of spirit) and talks about opportunity and good luck

Solar fire says the Zygomatic muscle is the body part - It is a muscle of facial expression which draws the angle of the mouth superiorly and posteriorly

The cornucopia represents abundance, plenty and prosperity as well as the union of the masculine and feminine. Generosity - has to be a HUGE part of this symbol.

The window with the air blowing in, is a deeply spiritual one, where the cosmos is just blowing in information, detail, gifts and wonders into your life. Keep the window open.

The movie the Wizard of Oz comes to mind with this symbol - I suppose the cyclone and all the air imagry.. again Willy Wonka's chocolate factory does too (giggles)

Elven

It was years before I decided to look up what a Cornucopia was! lol!!

Wikipedia says:
The cornucopia (Latin Cornu Copiae), also known as the Horn of Plenty, is a symbol of food and plenty dating back to the 5th century BC.
In Greek mythology, the Cornucopia was made by Heracles and given to some nymphs upon the death of Achelous a river god.
In modern depiction, the cornucopia is a hollow, horn-shaped wicker basket typically filled with various kinds of festive fruit and vegetables. The cornucopia has come to be associated with Thanksgiving.
The cornucopia is also a favourite design for corn dolly making.
The sampo of Finnish mythology is also a source of plenty.

I also remember seeing a beautiful ink and watercolored illustartion of a 'cornucopia' next to the text definition, and thought WOW - how many business' use this - especially Fruit Providors! But I certainly connected with it straight away! The colours and abundance of delectable gifts spilling from the mouth of the corpucopia always looked inticing, rich, fresh and brimming with 'goodness'. A varied and handchosen selection of the best, from a bountiful harvest in abundance.

Lynda Hill writes .. 'This could be a time of the realization and enjoyment of incredible layers of spiritual nourishment' ... and 'What actually arrives on your doorstep may not be exactly what you wished for, but is very likely to be somehow rewarding'.

I love the word 'nourishment' as it applies (to me anyway;)) to being sustained and supported in a healthy and generous way.
And as for 'being exactly what I was wishing for' .. well I dont always like all my vegetables, but it sure makes my body feel heaps better! ;)

The imagery of the 'open window' and the 'net curtain' makes me think of a vortex of energy swirling and moving trying to find its mark. OK - I did think 'tornadeo' but I guess that would depend on what other influences or Symbols were about if it was in a reading, and the Symbols seems to reflect a lightness of spiritual energy entering through the 'open window' using 'the net curatin' ... it didnt say 'rip your curatains off thier rails' lol!

I think 'open window' can also relate to 'being open' to recieve the gifts which are 'blowing' your way.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Element Alexandrite
Discussion A form of chrysoberyl, green/red colour – yes both depending on which way you look at this expensive gemstone. It is a lucky, spiritual, abundant, royal graceful gem, opens the heart and crown chakras. A beautiful gemstone, that brings in much like a cornucopia. (again the red aspect of it - Aries)

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 356

tink27

This is a fascinating site on the contellations and myths and speaks of the horn of plenty in the Contellation Auriga.

http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Auriga.html

It says....
Alpha Auriga is called Capella, it is associated with Amalthea, Amalthea comes from the name of the Cretan Goat, nurse of Jupiter and mother of the Haedi the two stars depicted as kid goats - Zeta and Eta Auriga), which she put aside to accommodate her foster-child, Zeus, and for which Manilius wrote; "The Nursing Goat's repaid with Heaven". Amalthea, the she-goat, suckled and raised Zeus (Jupiter) when he was an infant, by giving him her milk. Amalthea thus represented both protection and abundance. Zeus was hidden in Mt. Ida from his father Cronus (Saturn), because Cronus habitually ate his children, and Zeus was the only survivor.

But according to an earlier version, the nurse was the nymph Amalthea the daughter of Melissus (the King of Crete, or another says that Amalthea with her sister Melissa), nursed the infant Jupiter, feeding him with the milk of a goat [SLM]. Jupiter, after he grew up, gave the goat's horn to his nurse, Amalthea, endowing it with magical properties, so that whosoever possessed it should immediately obtain in abundance all he desired and find it a veritable "horn of plenty. Horn of Plenty, is the symbol of abundance, fruitfulness, and prosperity, and is represented by a horn filled to overflowing with fruits and flowers. It is also a symbol of the goddess Fortuna, and was worn as an Amulet to attract good fortune in abundance. [TAZ p.83].

The horn of plenty, which is the attribute of Fortuna or of the personification of autumn, is a symbol of the superabundance of good fortune and of rich harvest...

Summer is a time the earth’s belly swells from within…..and in this sensuous fluid state receives the seed, fertilizes it and expands within and without to produce a garden of plenty.

With purple_scorp's image, I can visualize two totally different scenarios....one says I'm here, here I am, see me...I am right here, yoo hoo!!

The other thought is when we take on airs, you know, kind of like saying to the world, Aren't I grand? Ain't I great!!! It's when we think we are infallible, our self confidence is on a high, we may even seem a little arrogant to others.....but what usually happens is our horn of plenty is ripe all right, ripe for a big fall!

Is this a person who wants recognition for all that they do or are the curtains bringing to us a higher awareness, that is in keeping with our soul's purpose?

What is it we are projecting out! What is it we are bringing in? Is it here we accept and work with what we've got, what we've received and....of who we are! But what if what we desire, what we think we want, isn't really for us....how the heck do we send it back!!

All in all this is how I would summarize this symbol.

When we surrender to a higher power, we, become the She, impregnated by the He. We become infused with spiritual light through our openness and receptivity, surrendering and emptying our mind to something bigger than ourselves that knows what it’s doing. We stop controlling events, let go of any attachment and just allow the cornucopia curtains to flow!!

tink :love:

mooncat2

:) Opening a window allows the light to come in and gives a clearer unobstructed view of what lies beyond.

The curtain I imagined is white and blows inward.............I thought of the veil in the previous symbol being moved to one side.
The wind ..........a breeze that clears the stuffiness of the room, blows away the cobwebs.

Self-perception............a new awareness and connection to one's spiritual identity. Old ways of perceiving the self are disappearing.........new confidence and self assurance enable a person to see the window of opportunity and open to receive what is being offered.

Then, like purple_scorp's red curtain flying outward,they can step out into the world showing more of the 'I Am'.................and will be recognised as such by others.
Is this a person who wants recognition for all that they do or are the curtains bringing to us a higher awareness, that is in keeping with our soul's purpose?
:) Both, I feel. We all need to be recognised for who we are...........I think that is a part of the Soul's purpose . For true achievement and recognition what we do must also be in line with that purpose. Without that you do tend to get those extremes you've mentioned.........the loud, aggressive "Look at me'........"Aren't I great' types.

Fortuna's cornucopia holds the harvest of abundance and prosperity which suggests that whatever the person is contemplating doing at present is ripe with promise and potential........it will bring forth fertility and growth. Interesting........in the ancient Etruscan tradition her statues were often heavily draped, suggesting her connection with the Mysteries.
When we surrender to a higher power, we, become the She, impregnated by the He. We become infused with spiritual light through our openness and receptivity, surrendering and emptying our mind to something bigger than ourselves that knows what it’s doing. We stop controlling events, let go of any attachment and just allow the cornucopia curtains to flow!!
:) Yes..........perfect summary. Trusting that abundance is ours, spiritually and materially, if we open to receive it.

:love:

purple_scorp

I always associate red with Aries. Partly because Arians like to drive fast and everybody knows that red cars are the fastest and well, it's just an out there - here I am colour!

Interestingly, looking at the image I created for this card, made me think of the image I created for a Scorpion card (where the woman moves the curtain to one side to reveal a secret path). Can't remember which symbol that is and I don't have my book here with me to check.

But, I remember it was a heavy, dark curtain which to me, symbolised the mystery and secrecy of the scorp.

Now, compare that to this light, bright red, airy curtain in the Aries card.

"Subtle secrecy" vs "outright boldness".

Strange too how both signs (Aries/Scorp) were ruled by Mars until the discovery of Pluto, so they carry some similar traits but are diametrcially opposed in others.

It's "Hello everyone, here I am......yup, I'm out there" vs "I may be out there, or I may be somewhere else....wherever I am I'm not telling you - why don't you try to guess....but good luck, cause you won't work it out?"

with love
purple_scorp