reading regular playing cards {meanings}

punkangelgcm437

Somewhat on topic..

I remember I borrowed this one book from the library where it gave meanings and spreads to read a deck of cards with. Most of the spreads were very large....like....2o-something cards. A bit overwhelming. I remember it used the planets as positions and had columns for every day of the week. You were supposed to do the reading on Sunday for the upcoming week.

It also had like, life paths things. I'm a 2 diamonds...it goes by your birthday. My mom was a Queen Hearts. I remember it said that a good age for me to ge tmarried was 23...and the guy I liked at the time also had 23 as a good age (and since we're the same age..).

I hope to go to the library soon...I wonder if it's open on Saturdays? When I go I'll borrow it again and be sure to get back to yall with the name & title & such.

SongDeva

Jumbo Playing Cards

I found a couple of Jumbo playing card decks at a flea market. The guy was selling them for like a dollar, so I grabbed two, one to play with, and one in case I ever decided to try and read playing cards. I thought the jumbo ones would be neat for that.

Now, if you're doing a 32 card spread, you'd need a BIIIG table, but if you are collaging on them, the size would come in handy.

Haven't tried them yet anyway, but thought I'd share. When I say jumbo, they are at least 4''X6''.

tatsi

32-playing card readings

There is so little information for those interested in using a reduced (32-card: 7-A) deck of regular playing cards for readings, so I'm bumping this.

As with all fortune telling using playing cards, meanings aren't as 'standard' or 'universal' as in Tarot. This thread lists *one* set of meanings.

Thanks for sharing!

tatsi