labradorite and vivid dreams?

starsongs

labradorite, spectrolite

hi Smokey and Ari,

I just looked up labradorite in a book called 'Love is In the Earth'. My cousin loaned the book to me, There is alot of information within. Melody (the author) says labradorite and spectrolite are the same thing. (a type of feldspar like moonstone) Don't know if others 'experts' agree...

re the peacock colors or labradorescence...some pieces have much more fire than others, and somertimes the light has to be shining a certain way to capture the colorful display..that can range from yellow, gold, green, blue, red, purple or beautiful combinations of colors..I know nothing of the scrying properties...

quote from the book: page 367: Love Is In The Earth, by Melody (revised edition)

it (labradorite/spectrolite) is said to represent the temple of the stars, assisting one in sustaining and maintaining, while providing for the understanding of the destiny one has chosen. It brings the light of other planetary beings into the soul of the user. The labradorescence is a luminescence, derived from extraterrestial origin which is enclosed in the mineral to bring galactic energies from other worlds to the Earth plane.

it assists in protecting the aura, helping to keep the aura clear, balanced and free from energy leaks. it assits in the alignment of subtle bodies, enhancing the connection between the physical and etheral realms.

It promotes refinement of action and discernment in direction, relieves insecurity and apprehension, promotes transcending limitations and embracing infinite possibility; provides for vitality and a sense of self during transitions, helps clarity, and giving form to intuition..

starsongs

starsongs

labradorite experiences..

miss apples,

wild what is happening with your labradorite. Do you know where your daughter is finding it, or how it is getting out of the pillowcase?

My brother in law doesnt like it...he says that the dreams are preventing him from getting quality sleep.

thats the same thing my friend said. She doesn't like it either...

ros,
what other stones besides labradorite have you under your pillow or do you mean you have several labradorite stones? What do you think putting them in the window did to help facilitate the dreaming?..interesting stuff...

I'm not dreaming with the labradorite, though feel its helping me to clarify things and take necessary action without as much hestiation. I also feel my energy coming back which fits with the helping metabolism properties mentioned by Ruby Red Slippers.

I put a piece into the tarot bag with the Ancestral Path deck, and am going to see what kind of energy this creates...
;)
starsongs

poivre

I just have the labradorite in my pillow but I do have other stones. I don't know if it is the stone or if I'm more relaxed to have clearer dreams. I do have metabolism problems so mabee this is settling?
I just put them in the window, for the moon & sunlight.

This is the first I have done anything with my stones. I like the moonstone & carry that with me often.

The things I do with them is just something I do. I don't know why I just do it. I don't know much about them at all.

TygrEyes

I have a very large labradorite sphere. It's the size of a large cantelope. I mentioned this to a lady in a shop b/c I was looking for a proper stand for it & she said, "Oh, you're brave." Is there something I should know? She said b/c it's so powerful magically & she mentioned that it's said that Merlin had a labradorite sphere. Have any of you heard this before? Thanks

Ani

when I sleep with stones they usually end up somehwere else by morning, and I never remember putting them elsewhere. Sometimes they are nicely arranged on my dresser, sometimes they just disapear. I think they grow legs and walk away.

amyel

Ani said:
I think that labradorite and spectrolite are almost the same mineral but spectrolite is blacker which makes the reflective properties shine brighter. I think moonstone is a very similar mineral but is white. I'm not sure about the scrying properties but it is probably the reflective part of the mineral you would use.

I can't find any reference to Spectrolite, so I can't comment on it, but I do know that both moonstone and labradorite are both from the feldspar family. This group of stones share the luminescent quality you find in both moonstone and lab's. Not all iridescent or luminescent stones are feldspars, however. For example, opals are not fledspars, but they certainly do have a iridescent quality. I do not pretend to even have a passing understanding of geology, so I can't add more to this.

Starsongs, I just bought a pendant of lab which is almost like a cat's eye.. By this I mean it has a ribbon of violet-blue running stright down it's center against a dark, almost green black color. No matter which way you turn it, that violet shimmers straight at you! Absolutely stunning!

starsongs

TygrEyes said:
I have a very large labradorite sphere. It's the size of a large cantelope. I mentioned this to a lady in a shop b/c I was looking for a proper stand for it & she said, "Oh, you're brave." Is there something I should know? She said b/c it's so powerful magically & she mentioned that it's said that Merlin had a labradorite sphere. Have any of you heard this before? Thanks

TygrEyes, I've never heard anything like this before. Interesting. I'm going to see what else I can find out....The sphere you have sounds beautiful!

amyel said:

Starsongs, I just bought a pendant of lab which is almost like a cat's eye.. By this I mean it has a ribbon of violet-blue running stright down it's center against a dark, almost green black color. No matter which way you turn it, that violet shimmers straight at you! Absolutely stunning!

oooohhhh amyel :D. The catseye pendant sounds wonderful!! I've never seen one with a violet shimmer. Where did you find it?..

starsongs

amyel

starsongs said:
oooohhhh amyel :D. The catseye pendant sounds wonderful!! I've never seen one with a violet shimmer. Where did you find it?..

starsongs
I bought it at one of my fav little shops nearby. I am taking photos of all my pendents and neckalaces for insurance (I've created quite a little collection in the last 9 months) so as soon as the digital camera battery recharges, I'll load the picture of it here. I think the violet came out quite well.

starsongs

amyel said:
I bought it at one of my fav little shops nearby. I am taking photos of all my pendents and neckalaces for insurance (I've created quite a little collection in the last 9 months) so as soon as the digital camera battery recharges, I'll load the picture of it here. I think the violet came out quite well.

I look very forward to seeing the catseye piece, amyel. :D

TygrEyes

starsongs said:
TygrEyes, I've never heard anything like this before. Interesting. I'm going to see what else I can find out....The sphere you have sounds beautiful!

starsongs

Thanks Starsongs. I hadn't heard that either. I did a search for labradorite here & didn't see anything about that. She may have said that just b/c of the size of it, I guess? I tried to search online for Merlin info & didn't come across any mention of his tools. Maybe I should try to e-mail the Matthews. Is that possible? I know some people here have had problems/concerns w/ EBay, but that's where I got it. Knock on wood, I've been lucky w/ that.