Cartomancy 5 of Hearts

Little Baron

I have really enjoyed working with the method of reading playing cards offered through the link that Kara posted a while back. I can weave the cards through as a sentence. However, I would like to know a little more about the individual cards. I have a couple of books which provide different interpretations from each other. I was wondering (if this is ok Pheonix Rising) if anyone would be interested in posting their own feelings about individual cards, so we can see what more we can get from one stroke of the sentence.

For example, I see the '5 of Hearts' as emotions, love and the body. Is this a card of 'lovemaking'; a card of offering the body through feeling and not just for the physical - a combination of the both?

There must be more to this card than just that. Any other ideas?

LB

poivre

*there is a chance that this is wrong*

In numerology I use the 5 as the change, change directions or paths & sometimes chaos number and expansion.

Hearts ~ emotions

I see 5 of Hearts as
~ a change of heart
~ emotional confusion
~ over emotional

Phoenix Rising

Hi Little Buddha
Good on you for starting up this threads, and most definitely a individual study of the cards would be great, even if we do all 4 of the same number value on the same thread next time.
But definitely for me, 5 is that card of intense emotions, lust or sex does come under the meanings I have assigned too, as well as angry, excited, grief,. 5 being that restless or spontaneous reaction to things. The Emotions with this card aren't stable but higher or lower than the normal emotional feelings that we have everyday.

Little Baron

Thanks Ros. I see exactly where you are coming from with your interpretation as I use numerology with my Marseille decks.

The link that we have been refering to here looks at the '5' as being the body and obviously, the hearts as being emotions which is where I came up with giving the body for love.

However, the four in cartomancy looks at what is stable, unchanging and solid. What you say makes sense to me because the extra 1 in the five tips that stability over the edge - or can do. So it could mean being over-emotional; the extra 1 could become a confusion in comparison to the four, which is ordered and secure; the extra 1 could me a movement in a different direction (a reaching elsewhere) which could represent change. This is kind of backed up by the restlessness and spontanaeity that Pheonix Rising mentions.

Pheonix Rising, maybe we can start a new thread up for the 'fives'. I think it would help me to get a few more ideas about the card; hopefully, soon, the third essay on the website will be up which may offer a closer inspection of each card.

LB

zorya

just a little numerology thought on five and 'lovemaking'...

five not only represents the human body, but i believe it was the ancient greeks who saw five as representing the union of male and female. (female being represented by two, and male by three).

heartel

I was searching for Cartomancy and the 5 of Hearts hours ago, since I got that card few days ago.. in random.

I've learned that to add to all of those information it could also mean to....
- very ambitious. he/she goes to where curiosity is and where he or she thinks some adventure is waiting for him/her.
- do not imprison; a need for freedom. If imprisonment was felt, the person will run away from you.
- it's all about changes and exploration. What was stagnant before won't be the same again.
- wants to feel admired.