you know you're obsessed when...

willowy

...when you finally shell out the bucks to have internet access in your residence and the installation guy notices the books on your table and starts to tell you about his wife's reading of his daughter...

...and you think about how much you wish he would stop focusing on your books (look away! look away!). And after he leaves you check to make sure all is still where you left it and feel grateful that he didn't see the 42 Tarot decks.

*You make a note that either you are never going to allow another service person in the home or you are going to make sure that everything is safely stashed away to avoid another incident.

I have this problem!When we were having new windows fitted I hid some of my favourite decks under clothes in my wardrobe and in another room that wasn't being done.I also get worried if I take a deck out with me in case my bag got stollen with it inside.So paranoid I know.

lantana

You know you're obsessed when you read through the entirety of a thread that's nearly a decade old.

vie

lol

I must be obsessed so many of these resonate!

Scarlet Air

You know you're obsessed when you read through the entirety of a thread that's nearly a decade old.

Bahahaha I didn't even notice the original post date but I did read the whole thing through.

You know you're obsessed when on your first day off alone in weeks, you spend it researching and writing up various tarot correspondences and associations, all day long.

Mystica7

...you are like "I can't go to the loo" before asking the cards.

greatdane

ok so obsession may be a bit strong but ...:)

When I order a deck, or just before, I start looking for the proper "clothes" for it.

Takes me about a nanosecond to open them as soon as they arrive and I go through all the cards, one by one, for a proper introduction :) and I start shuffling to acquaint myself with the deck and the feel.

Julian Jaymes

When you're in group therapy, and in your lap, you've got your notebook, taking notes on what cards you associate with different symptoms or kinds of therapy.

When you want to cancel plans because your Amazon package is arriving in the mail that day and you want to be home to get it. (for the record, no, I went ahead and fulfilled my obligations and just waited til I could get home to get the box. XD)

When you finally break out your sewing stuff...to make bags for your new decks.

When you start charging for readings...solely to fund your collecting habit. XD

Emily

You know you're obsessed when you see a deck in a TV show or a movie and you either know straight off what deck it is or if you don't know the deck, you starting googling to see if you can find out what deck it is. :)