Mary El Tarot - The Sixes

Bat Chicken

The Sixes

The Sixes, like the Aces, fours and tens are all united by a single theme. Each card bears the figure and sigil of an Archangel.

ETA - The Sixes are Tiphareth – on the middle pillar of the Tree of Life – Beauty. I felt that in each of these wonderful cards…

Thoughts?

JadoreHauteCouture

So the Sixes... Sixes for me represent moving from loving the nature (Fours) and loving people as yourself (Five) to loving.... hmm, how to formulate it.... loving God via Gods gifts and virtues, and via his guidance in your life through Archangels....
Fours and Fives were about loving the creations of God: 1. nature since its reflects how perfect God is 2. human since it also reflects God's perfection...
Now sixes talk about reconnecting with God and doing God's/light's work in your life. He is the painter, you are the brush, life is the canvas.

6 of wands: Michael brings order onto the world. Bringing justice and morality via wars. 6 of wands - Human hearts set on fire for justice. (Michael helps them)
6 of swords: Raphael brings the healings and sets humans from animals... healing of body but also healing and sanctifying of mind... 6 of swords - Human prayers for healings of others... and human preaching for sanctifying yourself.. (Raphael helps them)
6 of cups: Uriel brings subconsciousness, art, beauty. VERY IMPORTANT! God teaches humans via Uriel to nourish their emotions, love inside of them through expressing their feelings via Art. Not only people recognize beauty in nature and in others, but they also learn to create the art and beauty like God himself!!!
Just listen to the radio and almost every song will be about love ;)
6 of disks: Gabriel brings the realization into material world. Teaches people that God planted seed of him into them but its up to them to nourish it and work hard for it.. Like they work hard for their crops and their children... Its about fusing Passion, Thinking and Love into Action (Fire, Air, Water into Earth)...

However, what really buggles my mind is why Marie used these images for Fives and Sixes.... If it was for me, I would switch images and put Archangels on Fives and story of Eden on Sixes. It makes much more sense for me...
Fives would represent V. Hierophant & XIV Temperance/Art (14=1+4=5). Hierophant brings morality (Michael - 5W) and preaching (Raphael - 5S) and Temperance brings Art (Uriel - 5C) and hard work (Gabriel - 5D)
Sixes would represent VI. Lovers - the first of all Lovers - Adam (6D) and Eve (6S), XV. Devil (15=6) first temptation (6W) and choosing Devil over God, being forced to leave eden and loose ultimate love (6C)...

this would work SO MUCH better for me with major arcana, but i guess then it wouldnt work the other way.... What do you think?

psyte

Does anyone know why Uriel is Cups and Gabriel is Disks? This seems backwards based on the archangels & elements used in the LRP, which I know isn't originally an elemental ritual and the location of the archangels is based on the cardinal directions, but typically the way most people practice it, Gabriel (West) is Water and Uriel (North) is Earth. The only other reference I could find is Crowley's 777 which also has Gabriel corresponding to Water and Uriel corresponding to Earth.

Edit:
I should have read the book before asking, lol.
It sounds like Marie has her own reasons, which make sense (Uriel is the patron saint of artists, who hold the keys to the subconscious; Gabriel is God's "imminent incarnation in the physical form").
Still, I am curious if there is any other basis for these particular elemental/archangelical associations aside from these descriptions by the author.

JadoreHauteCouture

Update:

6 of swords:
Like a dog is the best servant to human, humans should be servants to God...
Dog doesnt want anything from you, he accepts you the way you are, loves you endlessly and unconditionally and follows you around like a puppy, cuz he knows you know the best...
In Thoth, 6 of swords is about higher enlightening, illumation... the God knows the best and he will give you knowledge/guide you through stuff...
If this card appears, it means one should stop listening to his/her plans and trust destiny... Follow it lovingly like a puppy and knowing that he/she will be taken care of, if they open up to it...

6 of cups:
Means about delving (Upright) /not delving (RX) into your emotions...

6 of pentacles:
quite good card but suggests person is doing things half-right.... she is following her principles and traditions, but slowly begins to add unnecessary judgements and is becoming to be someone else (not staying true to herself) cuz she wants some egoistic needs to become true..