Ostara Tarot

kazandoryu

Thank you for the update, Madrigal! It's a long wait but let's hope it's worth it!

GlitterNova

Preordered this after spotting it in my recommendations on Amazon. I've only seen a couple of card images but I'm so impressed with those that I'm wiling to give this one a go nearly sight unseen! Hopefully it's released soon.

duck8

OMG, I cant wait to see the new version of the deck. Hopefully, it will be in good quality since the pre-order price is kinda low for a beautiful deck like that.

MadeiraDarling

I'm so excited (and so grateful to see that this deck has POC on some of the cards)

Dogs&Coffee

There's been an update! Barnes and Noble now has this on pre-order with a release date of April 28th. Hopefully Amazon will be shipping it out on that date too. Only a little bit longer than a month away!
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ostara-tarot-morgan-applejohn/1124605494?ean=9780764352829

It should. Barnes and Noble's dirty little secret is that they're an Affiliate of amazon. All online sales are done via Amazon. That's why they don't price match in store.

Sassyinkpen

I was just reading up on the Ostara Tarot (because I'm in love with it and just pre-ordered on Amazon for the new release), and saw someone mention that the original print run would be the only one with the full-bleed borderless effect, and that future runs would have a border. Does anyone know if this newest printing is going to have a border or not?

Those comments were over a year old, so things could have changed since then. I'll be so sad if they have changed the look from the cards you can see on-line right now. It's one of the nicest border treatments I've ever seen - borderless but not borderless, and it somehow gave them a very expansive feel.

avalonian

I was just reading up on the Ostara Tarot (because I'm in love with it and just pre-ordered on Amazon for the new release), and saw someone mention that the original print run would be the only one with the full-bleed borderless effect, and that future runs would have a border. Does anyone know if this newest printing is going to have a border or not?

Those comments were over a year old, so things could have changed since then. I'll be so sad if they have changed the look from the cards you can see on-line right now. It's one of the nicest border treatments I've ever seen - borderless but not borderless, and it somehow gave them a very expansive feel.

If you go to the Schiffer site there's a "look inside" link to view inside the book and the card images don't seem to have a white borde, they look like the originals - might be worth emailing them to ask.

:)

Sassyinkpen

If you go to the Schiffer site there's a "look inside" link to view inside the book and the card images don't seem to have a white borde, they look like the originals - might be worth emailing them to ask.

:)

Ooooo! Thanks! It certainly looks like they have kept the borders the same as the old cards. On the other hand I think I see a couple of cards that have changed from the walkthrough I saw. But I don't think that's necessarily A Bad Thing

Dogs&Coffee

Ooooo! Thanks! It certainly looks like they have kept the borders the same as the old cards. On the other hand I think I see a couple of cards that have changed from the walkthrough I saw. But I don't think that's necessarily A Bad Thing

Changes? Like what?