Yes/No/Maybe Spread: 13 Cards, 3 Piles

Viper_05

sorry 1 more post here, i got 2 aces in the 1st 2 piles after 6 cards and 5 cards on the 2nd one and the last no aces, does that still mean yes?

starrgracie

Thank you Zombina, I will experiment.

StarrGracie

afrosaxon

I just tried this re: a visit from a certain person this evening (New Year's Eve)

1st pile: Ace (6th card)

2nd pile: 13 cards (no ace or Magician)

3rd pile: Ace (2nd card)

I think this is a "probably" LOL

And should we pay attention to what suit the ace(s) are (and maybe even the topmost card of any 13-card pile), as an indication of the energies surrounding the question?

I've noticed that incorporating reversals and the topmost cards on the 13-card "no" piles, add an extra dimension to the cards. Also, incorporate the meaning of the ace itself with regard to the question. For example, a reversed Ace of Swords may indicate that a person may have been thinking of something...if the other piles indicate a no, then the person decided not to do whatever it was. If they indicate a yes, then those ace(s)/Mage (Magician) would give added insight on the actions following the thought.

I hope I'm making sense.

Thoughts?

T.

Barbaras Ahajusts

starrgracie said:
I mean if you ask a question that gives you a "yes" answer, can any of the numbers on the cards tell you exactly when it will happen?
Like if you draw an Ace of Pentacles and a Magician, will that mean that the event will happen in the Spring, because the Ace of Pentacles represents Spring?
Do you know what I'm asking?
Thanks
StarrGracie

I tried this asking for the season something would happen, because I got a yes answer to a previous question. My problem is I got an Ace Swords, Ace Cups & Ace Wands.

Swords are Winter, Cups are Spring & Wands are Autumn. This could be interpreted as, the troubles progress this winter, and is addressed/acknowledge by Spring. By Autumn would be the ending.

I really like this for a yes/no. Although I use the Thoth that has 3 Magicians!:D I guess I am kinda cheating! :laugh:

I was curious if any math lovers knew the odds on getting an "yes" card?

I had to ask it! ;)

:DBarb

butterfliqtpie

wanna laugh..... or share in my excitement.

i asked the cards whether this person i liked was thinking of me

the first pile... first card i put down was an ace of cups
second pile... first card i put down was the magician
third pile....13th card i put down was an ace of pentacles...

guessing thats a yes???

Wood33

I love this!

First off, I want to say this is my new favorite spread to read. I thought it was a sure thing to get all aces and/or mage but the more times/questions tried, the more I got 2 piles w/o aces or mage.
Ok. I started the reading concentrating on my question which was career related. 1) No ace/mage with 10 of pentacles in 1st pile. 2) Fifth card ace of cups in 2nd pile. 3) 2nd card upside down mage in 3rd pile.

What do these cards mean? Yes definitely or yes with a concentration clause?
I tried this a couple times and came up with similar results.

Wood33

2nd time trial

Tried it again.

1) 1st pile no aces/mage with wheel of fortune on top.
2) Ace of pentacles(3rd card).
3) Ace of cups (10th card).
This is a probably considering no mage I am guessing with a concentration on fate/destiny coming into play.

Question:Should you pay close attention to where/what position the cards come up. Will it make it anymore of a definite answer if aces come up early in pile(1st,2nd,3rd cards)? or just having two aces, 3rd pile no aces means a probably with concentration on last card in last pile.

Confused but excited!

x_shadow_xx

Can I ask a silly 'newbie' question?

Why 13 cards in each pile? Is 13 a significant number?
Also I like the idea of reading the 'odd pile out', I did this with a question about a family member, whether she would be okay passing close by a bad place on a trip.
The 3 top cards were...
Judgement
Ace (sorry can't remember the suit!)
Mag

I took this as a yes, and read the Judgement card as the reason, i.e she had put her old self (her bad past) behind her to become a new person.
I don't know of a 13 card spread so just read thru the cards in the 13 pile, and they all seemed to go along with that, saying she was more content, had family to support her etc.

Do you just read the top card for the reasons no/yes? Or do a spread?

Hmmm, that's more than 1 silly newbie question! But help please :D

Barbaras Ahajusts

x_shadow_xx said:
The 3 top cards were...
Judgement
Ace (sorry can't remember the suit!)
Mag
I took this as a yes, and read the Judgement card as the reason, i.e she had put her old self (her bad past) behind her to become a new person.
I don't know of a 13 card spread so just read thru the cards in the 13 pile, and they all seemed to go along with that, saying she was more content, had family to support her etc.
Do you just read the top card for the reasons no/yes? Or do a spread?
Hmmm, that's more than 1 silly newbie question! But help please :D

There isn't any silly questions on the AT when you are wanting to learn! ;)
I read the top cards as an explanation as to why, be it a yes or no answer.

Now as far as reading the cards underneath the piles, I caught myself doing that as I went along.
This seems to give a more detailed reading. But with any reading, its how you feel, what is coming from you that is important. Your first gut reaction.

I completly forgot about this spread and am enjoying it again! Thanks for posting, x_shadow_xx.

Barbara

redflash

I've been doing a similar spread for a couple of years now, just without the mage. I'll try it with him this time !