The Wild Unknown Tarot: study group & discussion

lark

I've been using mine everyday...and it is developing it's own language.
The ten of wands is consistantly coming up on days when i have a big job to do...like cutting my sisters dogs hair ...or setting up all the holiday decorations...or baking 6 loaves of bread.
The card itself reminds me of gathering firewood...it was hard work and necessary...but also rewarding and it got you out in the natural world.
There is a blessing attached to it too ..how nature offers up part of itself in the form of fallen trees for our warmth.

Emperor has been jumping out of the deck for me Calcifer 4 times now???...I didn't really understand it at first and then this morning as I was searching the recipie books for xmas dinner recipes it suddenly hit me...
Every year I have to be the Emperor in this Christmas shindig..everyone else just kind of sits back and expects me to put on the show for their favorite holiday traditions and memories to be relived every year.
Hummmm....how telling this deck is....gets right to your center.

Charlie's Mom

Is anyone still interested in a Study Group for this deck? If so, I would be very interested.

Sulis

Moderator note

There seems to be a lot of interest in studying this deck but no other threads have been started but this one.

Anyone can start a thread in a study group - just pick a card, any card and write about it - I'm sure others will join in.

If you do decide to start this study, please let me know by private message when a new thread is started so that I can index it.

I'm getting this deck myself as a Yule gift and I'll certainly be up for posting a few threads after that :).

Happy studying.

Sulis - moderator, Tarot Study Groups

baylys

I'll be joining in as soon as my deck and book arrive. Can't wait.

Calcifer

Maybe the two of you getting your decks will breathe some life back into this project; at least I'd like to think so. Were it not for my newness to AT, I'd take a whack at it myself.. but there's enough restrictions as to what to post and where to keep me from doing much more than but "adding to" to prevent that.

I'll admit that I was very surprised by the fact that the author of the book/cards was more or less winging it with her artwork. Deep down I was hoping for some insights superior to my own as far as the imagery goes - but that just isn't the case. In a lesser deck, I'd have been surprised to find that there wasn't some kind of inner theme (ulterior motive)that fueled its creation - but in this case her "straight from the brain to the drawing table" worked so well that I'm daunted. I'm simply applying my RWS background to the deck and doing just fine with it. No matter what, she has an extremely unique and functional deck here - without all of the pomp and circumstance that precedes a lot of new decks these days. Wild Unknown = a breath of fresh air. Maybe there is nothing to analyze ?

No matter what, I'll be looking forward to input from the both of ya :).
...and I'm very much in love my own copy...

Michael

lark

She said somewhere that the deck came into being because she couldn't find a deck that fit her needs and ideals.
So she created her own...
What I love is it is so void of added religion...secret this and...sacred that.
It is very good at allowing me to put my own stamp of reality and life experiences into the cards.
I just love it...

Wintergreen

I've been working with mine regularly, and I find I haven't much to say. It is the perfect deck to use huddled by the fire during a snowstorm when there's no electricity. I keep pulling the 8 of wands for myself, so that one will bear closer examining.

baylys

My deck arrived today. It's goooorrrrgeous!!! Gonna spend the next couple of days getting to know it, then I'll jump in here.

Sulis

What I love is it is so void of added religion...secret this and...sacred that.
It is very good at allowing me to put my own stamp of reality and life experiences into the cards.
I just love it...

Yes, I'm liking that aspect of this deck too.. In that respect it reminds me a lot of the TdMs.

Calcifer

I cannot believe that I've been playing around with this deck for so long and only JUST NOW noticed that Justice is VIII and Strength is XI... how in blazes did that slide by me ?

Anyway, I know there's something to this, but not being up on my tarot history, I don't really know know much about it. Could someone direct me to a thread where this might be explained a little better ? I could be wrong, but it sems to me that my Thoth deck is designed this way....

Thanks !!

Michael