Bad readings

celticnoodle

Sometimes customers just cannot see what is being read for them. Its not till after, (and sometimes not even then) that they realize, "wow! they read me well!" I suspect since she not only paid you, but paid double, that she realized how right on you really were. Don't worry about it. You must have done really well and she began to realize that once the readings were over!

Frederik

Thank you so much for answering everyone.
But I just dont get why she would stop me talking by saying "No thats not true". It was just so awkward and I didnt know what to say. I just think that she paid me full price, because she actually was a very nice and compassioned person and maybe was feeling bad for me.

Tanga; I felt just like you. I just wanted to put my cards under my bed for the rest of my life.

gregory

But I just dont get why she would stop me talking by saying "No thats not true". It was just so awkward and I didnt know what to say. I just think that she paid me full price, because she actually was a very nice and compassioned person and maybe was feeling bad for me.
She may well have begun to realise you were on to something. My first reaction when someone tells me something I don't want to hear is to say that. And I have been going through this (not with cards) with my mother) who did some appalling things, and still says she didn't. And yes she has all her marbles. If we don't want to hear it, we deny it.

What to say - just I'm sorry it didn't feel right or something, let's see what else the cards have to say -and carry on.

Metafizzypop

I think the woman paid you twice what you asked for because she felt guilty. OK, maybe she honestly couldn't relate to the tarot reading. But then you did the palm reading, and she did relate to that. So then she felt bad about giving you a hard time with the tarot treading. So she paid extra. It was sort of like leaving a generous tip. It may have been an act of conscience.

Original Destiny

It seems that she did a really good job of dumping her bad vibes onto you, now you are carrying round a lot of her issues. You are feeling bad and she has upset your equilibrium and its affected your practice. So you've got to reverse it, you will never know why she did it so dump it back onto her...."she is a sceptic wanting to de-bunk you"....she wanted to upset you as she is going through a rough patch" etc ...it's not you...it's her.

violetdaisy

Even if she truly didn't agree with anything you said in your reading doesn't mean it wasn't correct (as the others have said). Also though, in other situations, I have paid way more than the asking price of someone simply for the amount of time that was spent on me (or in the last case my daughter). I just about doubled the set price with the amount of tip I gave the last one because she did spend an hour with my daughter instead of 30minutes.

TK_Finch

Frederik, I just wanted to say that it sounds like you handled that interaction incredibly well! Hopefully, seeing your poise and grace under pressure will help her feel more ready to hear what the cards have to say next time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tanga

Tanga; I felt just like you. I just wanted to put my cards under my bed for the rest of my life.

Well Frederik - if you can't accept that perhaps she disagreed because she couldn't or wouldn't see how what you were saying was relevant to her... the only other option is you got it wrong by being unable at-that-time, to present an option that did make sense.
In which case - you can only get better and better at doing that.
And - difficult clients like this happen all-the-time to the best of readers.
(Biddy Tarot has a nice summary of "Dealing with Difficult Tarot reading clients" - you can google and read).
Either she payed you because she felt sorry for you, she was sticking to her word about doing the whole thing, she was feeling guilty herself after you offered her more, she valued your time - or a mixture of these.
And so what?

Like me - you have to get up on the horse again :royal:
Please try not to let it be 3 years!!! :joke:

We're all only human. :heart:

Esk

I'm sorry you had such a difficult experience with this lady.
I didn't read all the replies so I hope I'm not going to repeat what's already been said.
I think you did a good job even if she didn't want to recogize it at first. Some people can't acknowledge right away some things, especially if they are difficult to hear. Furthermore she may also have some ego issues that stopped her from saying that you were right at the end of the session even if she had realised that in her mind. Paying you more is probably her way to say that after all you were right and she were wrong denying everything you said, without saying it clearly. I know a lot of people who have difficulties to confess they were wrong or did a mistake.