Phantasmagoric 7.9 *Page of Swords*

Little Baron

Todays card looks like a little mushroom. There is something a little unsettling about this one; I think that it is down to the fact that he doesn't have any eyes. For a moment, I wondered if they were eyes or did he have his head tilted back and they were infact his nostrils. He certainly didn't get the looks in the family. It looks like Tom Tom stole them as well.

This boy has been in a few scrapes; pins in his head. He has also had his mouth sewn up and it looks as if he is in the process of unpicking it with his sword. Does the communication side of this suit combine with that of the Pages immaturity; suggesting that maybe he doesn't think before he speaks? Maybe he is a bit of a big mouth, which is also possibly why he has pins in his head, no eyes and a sewn up mouth; someone has done a good job on him.

Regardless of all this, I do feel sorry for him. I bet they are his toys that Tom Tom has. If I am right are the pins on his table and in the bear the same ones as which are in this fellows head. That Tom Tom is a little monkey.

Graham Cameron says of this card -
"Here is Sebastian, a younger member of the court. He is driven, eager and always rushing. The Page of Swords is inexperienced and insecure when it comes to dealing with people. He often enters others battles, yet each time her does, it is Sebastian himself who ends up with stitches and covered in pins.
Sebastian, the page, reminds us of the importance of learning all the facts and figures before jumping into a situation.
RX: Intrusion, a lack of alertness, unprepared for an accident"

Yaboot

Maan

No wonder he got some bruses and pins in his head. The poor little Sebastian has to love in the same castle as Tom Tom ;)
imagine having Tom Tom as you older brother :(

Sometimes i see this card as a warning not to speak up.....speaking is sliver but silence is gold( if you have that expression too in English)

Love
Maan

galadrial

We have that expression, Maan, and I was thinking something similar. Sebastian's sword looks quite sharp. I'll bet he has a keen mind and a razor wit; but he is also the least mature member of the court. Before his ideas will be appreciated and his wit not cause offense, he needs to learn to keep some thoughts to himself- nailed down- and to sew up his mouth long enough to gauge the best time and manner for communicating his thoughts. The lack of fingers on the hand gripping the sword and the sword touching the mouth suggest handling thoughts one wishes to speak "with kid gloves", ie: giving them a gentle delivery. The spade over his heart might indicate that the work of this page is to learn to filter his intellect through his heart before speaking. There is a 3 part Buddist "test" for communications: 1. Is it kind? 2. Is it true? 3. Is it necessary? Sebastian is meditating on that while his big, open eyes are taking in all around him and analyzing it with that excellent brain. When he does deliver his message, it will be worth hearing.

Xarokys

Sebastian the Page of Swords

I also see this card as advising one not to speak up, at least not yet, not until you have more facts. There's a saying that goes something like "It's better to keep silent and let people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I think his head is empty to show how inexperienced he is; he needs to spend time just watching and listening, and learning.

Poor Sebastian. Do you think Tom Tom stuck all those pins in his head? Older brothers can be so mean sometimes.

Little Baron

Re: Sebastian the Page of Swords

becky said:
Poor Sebastian. Do you think Tom Tom stuck all those pins in his head?

I don't doubt it for a second. The evidence is on Tom Tom's table.

Yaboot