Twin Flames/Soulmates/ Karmic Ties

Om_Vanya

Are there any card combinations that you can think of, that point towards a twim flame, soul mate, or karmic tie relationship?

bright_star

I don't really believe in these concepts, but I think the Sun would indicate a rather intense connection, seeing the person as the light and sustainence of your life. Also the Star for a connection that's very deep and which transcends time, as in lasts for a very long time or is always there even though you're not physically together. Not sure about card combinations. Maybe Wheel of fortune for something that feels fated or like you met in a serendipitous way? I would think quite a few of the majors could point to a strong bond, it'd depend on what the relationship was and the two people I guess as to which cards show up.

Jaqueline

Not a combination, but one card that has always given me that impression is the 6 of Cups. I think, to me anyway, it suggests a past connection, the idea that soul mates somehow seem to find each other again & again (assuming a belief in reincarnation). Also, that sweet feeling of deep connection that happens between just two people.

bright_star

Yeah I like 6 of cups too, maybe for a connection where the two people have known each other since childhood/youth, and then the romance or friendship resurfaces again later and it's like no time has passed. Maybe even 6 of cups could show that feeling like you know each other, even though you just met. I don't believe in past lives, but I suppose it's that feeling of being really comfortable with someone straight away, and of having an initial rapport.

PAMUYA

The Devil comes to mind when it comes to karmic ties.

Topsy

As the others have said, the 6 of Cups could indicate a past life/karmic connection. Also the 6 of Pentacles could relate to the constant give-and-take of karma throughout life, attempting to achieve balance. The 2 of Cups has a kindred spirits/soulmates feel to me as well.

The fateful Wheel turning could relate to reincarnation, and The Tower represents something beyond your control that just hits you and changes your whole way of thinking about things. I imagine if you met someone you felt such a powerful and instant connection with, your soulmate, it might feel like getting struck in this way.

jessicas_destiny

How about working out the cards which show their life purpose? I have seen it detailed in many ways but the method I tend to use is:

Personality Card- birthday e.g. 1st Jan 1970 = 1+1+1+9+7+0= 19 then 1+9= 10

So their personality card (the reason they are living this life) is number 10 in the majors.

Destiny Card- take the personality number (10) and add that together 1+0 = 1

So their destiny card (reason for all their lives) is number 1.

My brother and I are very close and due to family problems when we were younger, he's always looked up to me and I've helped my mum 'nurture' him in a way. Bizarrely, both of our cards are the same which to me suggests we were definately meant to be in this life together. I'm not suggesting different cards suggest people are not meant to be together- mine and my fiances are different but I still think we're meant to be :D

214red

You could extend this to think most of people you end up in some form of a relationship or simply have contact with are from past lives, so perhaps just do a past life connection spread on them

Glass Owl

Topsy said:
As the others have said, the 6 of Cups could indicate a past life/karmic connection. Also the 6 of Pentacles could relate to the constant give-and-take of karma throughout life, attempting to achieve balance. The 2 of Cups has a kindred spirits/soulmates feel to me as well.

The fateful Wheel turning could relate to reincarnation, and The Tower represents something beyond your control that just hits you and changes your whole way of thinking about things. I imagine if you met someone you felt such a powerful and instant connection with, your soulmate, it might feel like getting struck in this way.
That 6 of Cups has turned up many times in regards to a relationship where I believe that there is karmic ties. Often it is along with the Wheel, 6 of Pentacles, Death, and Justice.

214red said:
You could extend this to think most of people you end up in some form of a relationship or simply have contact with are from past lives, so perhaps just do a past life connection spread on them
I agree with Red. You may like:

Unmasking The Past Spread by Edain McCoy (7)

SOULdier3's Past Life Relationship Spread (29)

Om_Vanya

Thank you sooo much everyone for helping me clarify this. I have always wondered but it has been a tricky one for me to understand. I agree that the 6 of cups has usually led me to believe that there was some kind of past connection.

And jessicas_destiny, thank you for showing me the system you use in regards to incorporating the numerology....I'll have to try this.

I was trying to figure out the tie between me and someone I broke up with a year ago. We havn't seen each other in all this time but the connection just won't go away. when I asked about how he feels about me I got the Magician and four of rods. To me the magician has meant "mind-over-matter", making things happen.....and the four of rods has pointed towards a "homecoming" of sorts...any takes on this in relation to soul mates or karmic ties?