A new de-enabling thread

nisaba

Jewel said:
This is from the oracle de-enabling thread ... thought I would copy the post here too.

~giggles madly after reading those posts ... wipping tears from eyes~ you know what is funny, is that it is all true *LOL* ... well other than the Froud Faeries being a fad that has passed that is. Other problems you can enounter by letting them into your home include: loss and misplacement of items, people calling you crazy (i.e. some call the faeries oracle study group "The Looney Bin" - mind you we don't care, we know what we are about ;)), hearing voices in your head, etc. They actually do play nice with other decks but if you ignore them they do tend to pout and pull pranks. They can also have a negative influence on your pocket book when they deem they must have something. Personally I adore them, but for some the things I (and many others) really like about them can seriously be considered warning signals *LOL*. Suffice it to say, they are a life altering experience ...
Sounds like the deck for me not to have. Really! I mean, I thought some of MY decks were badly-behaved! I blame the parents, myself ...

Cat*

Yes, I know the Froud's Faeries are not now and have never been a tarot deck. I temporarily forgot about the oracle de-enabling thread, that's all. I made up for it, as Jewel so conveniently pointed out, by linking the de-anbling of this deck in the other thread. :angel: ;)

Alrighty, I'm refreshed and back for even more de-enabling. :bugeyed: :D

So, tell me bad things about the Phantasmagoric Theater and the Silicon Dawn Tarot (aka Urnash Tarot) and let's see if I still like them once you're through with them! :D (Not that I currently have the money to buy the Silicon Dawn, but since the mission is the shortening of the wishlist, that doesn't matter much...)

nisaba

Cat* said:
So, tell me bad things about the Phantasmagoric Theater and the Silicon Dawn Tarot (aka Urnash Tarot) and let's see if I still like them once you're through with them! :D (Not that I currently have the money to buy the Silicon Dawn, but since the mission is the shortening of the wishlist, that doesn't matter much...)
<promptly> How's this for de-enabling.

I am the centre of (my) universe.

I have never bought either of them.

Therefore, it is patently obvious to everyone that they must be rubbish.

<hides grin>

WinterRose

*Falls over laughing* Nice one, Nisaba!

Silicon dawn - 'Silicon' is right. They're about as fake as a page 3 girl in the cheap sunday papers. The 'artwork', if you can call it that, is about as flat and 2d as a piece of paper. It looks like the sort of doodles I scribble on my notepad when I'm bored in a lecture!

Phantasmagoric Theatre - OK, who let the rugrats loose on a tarot deck? This is the sort of deck you'd expect a teen to buy, but not a serious deck. The colours as well.... *shudders*

Both of these decks look like they've been produced by a children's artist, who's been told the basics of tarot, then decided to 'make a deck to make a dime', as I often say about decks like that...

gregory

Urnash looks VILE...... Me no have. Me no buy :D

Promise

The Phantasmagoric will drive you to drink.

Really.

The LWB alludes to some secret meaning that you're meant to derive from the puzzle pieces strewn throughout the deck, and I drove myself effin' crazy trying to figure it out! Perhaps he's just toying with us and it doesn't even exist...

The art is very reminiscent of The Rugrats, and some of the cards are a bit...far fetched.

Want to get your fill?

Go rent some a Rugrats movie, or download some classic episodes. Much better alternative; it won't have you rocking in a padded corner sputtering about puzzle pieces and conspiracies.

pangolin

Cat* said:
So, tell me bad things about the Phantasmagoric Theater ...
The cards are full of creepy misshapen people-creatures with spikes growing out of their faces, pins stuck into their flesh, mouths stitched closed, empty eyesockets, scalps bald but for long wisps of hair sticking out at random. They are SCARY. :bugeyed:

And they are doing creepy things. A little girl-thingy, legs spread open toward the viewer, hangs her dollies from their necks (4 of Cups). A bald woman without legs is propped on a tray, smiling as she tugs at the spikes embedded in her face (5 of Wands).

And then it gets worse. :bugeyed: Because then we have..... the LWB. Completely oblivious to the horrors depicted on the cards, the LWB says things like, "Little Sweetie-Nubbins plays joyously with her friends, showing us how sharing the love in our hearts is the secret to a happy life."

This disconnect between reality (the cards) and interpretation (the LWB) is grotesque and profoundly creepy. It makes me think of a child who has witnessed something deeply wrong & disturbing (like Aunt Millie coming on to Daddy, or cousin Bruce shooting up, or Uncle Ted groping one of the little neighbor children), and she KNOWS it's wrong, but when she tells the adults about it, they completely discount her experience. They hush her up, put on fake smiles, explain it away ("Uncle Ted just LOVES children!"), pretend everything's perfectly, perfectly fine -- or maybe they just give her a good smack to shut her up. The lesson to the child: Do not trust your yourself, your instincts, your gut feelings -- if I tell you something is all sweetness & light, then you jolly well better accept it.

That is what this deck/LWB combo is for me. I longer I've owned it, the more I've grown to loathe it, and writing about it here makes me want to take my copy outside and burn it. It is just WRONG. :bugeyed:

:bugeyed: <-- Truly, there are not enough of these bug-eyed emoticons to show how I really feel about this deck.

Stormdancer

pangolin said:
The cards are full of creepy misshapen people-creatures with spikes growing out of their faces, pins stuck into their flesh, mouths stitched closed, empty eyesockets, scalps bald but for long wisps of hair sticking out at random. They are SCARY. :bugeyed:

And they are doing creepy things. A little girl-thingy, legs spread open toward the viewer, hangs her dollies from their necks (4 of Cups). A bald woman without legs is propped on a tray, smiling as she tugs at the spikes embedded in her face (5 of Wands).

EEWWWWW!!!!

Glad that I'm not wanting this one....YIKES!!

Stormdancer

Le Fanu

Cat* said:
So, tell me bad things about the Urnash Tarot ...(Not that I currently have the money to buy the Silicon Dawn, but since the mission is the shortening of the wishlist, that doesn't matter much...)

I know this isn´t very constructive, but that deck is just awful. How on earth did that even get within a mile of anybody´s wishlist?? Just nasty in every conceivable way. Nasty colours, nasty drawing, nasty concept...

Hideous (and what´s with this mixture of insects with Village People and lord knows what else...)

Get those Fairies back on your wishlist...

*shudder*. Who needs dark decks when you have decks like the Silicon Dawn...

gregory

Promise said:
The Phantasmagoric will drive you to drink.

Really.
That is not de-enabling in my book.

But it 's OK - I have it - and indeed, now that you mention RugRats....
:D *giggle* :D