One Deck Wonder

bleuivy

I think it would be lovely to exchange readings so we can start getting aquainted with our decks, the process, and how they communicate to us. Sounds interesting to me, anyway!

PS - My deck shipped today! YAY!! :D:D:D

tmgrl2

Kudos! to all of you involved in One Deck Wonder...

I just read the entire thread...and, elf...great idea!!

As you can see from the number of "reads" the thread has had already, many of us here will be following your progress and learning from your experiences as you go along.

terri

(lurking and learning)

Jewel-ry

elf said:
Should we start some kind of reading practice here, on AT?

Yes definately...i think we could start doing them for each other and eventually offer on the Rex.

Or should we just carry-on as normal with the one deck?

dont know what you mean here elf?

My thinking is that if we aren't using the deck often enough to see the impact using one deck might have then it will be easier to lose interest in just the one deck and then give up the whole exercise

Agree totally this is a major commitment so we must keep it interesting for each other

So perhaps at first we could do some readings for each other with our decks about the process and then offer some readings on the REX.

Doh!!! I didn't read this :D
Great minds think alike.

Jewel-ry

I have organised my journal. I have left two pages for each card, on one page I shall write meanings and thoughts about the Fournier and on the other about the II when it arrives. I shall add little snippets about the cards as we go along but I thought that by keeping the two pages together, I will be able to see the similarities between them.

At the front of the book, I will note down any readings with spread and interpretation. I am only going to use it for these two decks. I have done a few readings (for myself) with the TdM and jotted them down.

I think the more we use them, the more snippets of info we will discover...like your 9 swords elf. Those type of synchronicities are important and we need to start noticing them imo.

More later, gotta go cook :D

Satori

I can't locate my Hadar! :(
So for now it will be the LS Classic.

I like the classic, but many of the men look constipated.... ;)

Satori

omigosh...I just remembered about the AT Traveling Deck project!
Jewel-ry, you are signed up too, right? Anyone else?
Can we still do it???? Holy Moly!

I can see my journal entries...

"Held the deck again today. Imagined what the cards felt like...whispered happy things to the box, then wrapped it up and sent it to the next on the list. Only kept it two days, but I carried it around a lot...."

bleuivy

Lol! Elf, I love your imaginary entry! :laugh:

Anyhow, I have the deck right now, and have been using it since Saturday. But of course, I haven't actually started on my One Deck Wonder year. I'll be starting on Halloween, you see.

I'm not sure what I would have done if I received the traveling deck during my year of deck monogamy. How strict do you want to be with yourself and your deck usage? Do you want to be strict vegetarians, so to speak, or are you willing to eat turkey on Thanksgiving. :laugh: I think that the deck already has such great energy, it would be a shame to miss out on sharing in that.

Perhaps, if you didn't want to "cheat" on your one deck wonder decks, you could use the traveling deck for non-reading purposes? While I've used the deck for reading, I also used it for meditation, and I gave my little brother a few lessons in tarot-reading with the deck. Those lessons mostly involved story telling and talking about the imagry, rather than reading the cards.

Jewel-ry

elf said:
omigosh...I just remembered about the AT Traveling Deck project!
Jewel-ry, you are signed up too, right? Anyone else?
Can we still do it???? Holy Moly!

Probably not a problem to me as I am in the UK and I dont think it'll ge here for about 3 years!!!!

But I am worried about receiving the Fairytale Tarot from Baba! Not sure I can just put it away for 6 months Unopened!!!.

She suggests still looking through it and reading about the fairytales but not using it as a tarot deck. What do you reckon?

~

Satori

You cannot put it away unopened.
That is just preposterous even for those of us doing this exercise.

I want you to know that garderner was acting as my very Devil whispering to me when she was here the other day, "Do the 78 days....do the 78 days..."

I think that knowing your commitment to the this that having a new deck arrive and looking thru it, if only for missing cards such as Eco found in her deck, will not throw you off too much.

Not sure if I'm giving you good advice...

Jewel-ry

I was hoping someone would say that ;)