7 of Swords

tmgrl2

If I swing through all of the RWS swords...there is a lot of that pale gray and blue..(I associate blue with intropection and also with communication)...and there is yellow, but not nearly as much as in the Seven of Swords.

What a great observation, ros....It made me look at all the swords...when I do readings with color, as others have already said, I associate yellow with intellect. But this card is almost overwhelmed with yellow!

It really made me rethink the 7 of Swords as perhaps having an overabundance of intellect in the meaning....and since the yellow is intensified rather than soft, moving the meaning into perhaps intellectual blocks, perhaps cynicism....illogical thinking....

I often go back to my color work....and then read the color based on the position...so for Past it might be a habit of overanalyzing things...and what does that get us?? I am thinking of yellow that is intensified as this is...

Since there really isn't a very "soft" yellow in PCS RW, I look at the amount of yellow...so if there are touches of it, I tend to move more in the positive direction of the color...For example, the Ace of Swords, has only the simple crown of yellow at the top of the Sword as if to signify spirit or intellect in a very positive way....On yet another take, depending upon the reading, for the Ace, I might notice the overall grayish tones in the card.

But the Seven of Swords really screams yellow and then there is the red of the hat and the foot coverings, almost as if the energies are held within the figure....and the orange outfit, then could be creative energies ...but needing to be "let out."

Just rambling....

terri

squeakmo9

He could be a coward. I mean yellow has that rep as well. I'm not to saying the individual isn't intelligent or is lacking in the resources to communicate effectively, but somehow chooses not to assert himself in that way. Easier to manipulate, play mind games, the coward's way, instead of being direct and upfront.

kwaw

Tor said:
I've heard that yellow roses means deceit, so this makes sense.

And a guy looking over his shoulder while creeping away on tiptoe could be viewed as a characature of 'sneakiness'; and the two swords left behind in light of such could symbolise his 'duplicity'. That doesn't mean that 'yellow' is not a colour of intellect, it can symbolise both intellectualism [of the wordy, book bound, scholastic sort] and duplicity and treachery [yellow as the 'judas' colour]. Both can exist together [we may consider it a 'mercurial colour', mercury being a signifier of both 'book learning' and 'theft'], we may recognise these characteristics [wordy, book learning scholastic like intellectualism, together with duplicity and treachery] in Waite himself, for instance. Waite in PKT notes: "The design is uncertain in its import, because the significations are widely at variance with each other". An Indication perhaps that he has recognised that Smith's design is at variance with the emphasis of his own DM listings, and thus an example of where Smith has followed her own intuition or perceptions and varied from Waite's expectations. It corresponds in the GD tradition with the third decan of Aquarius, of which Agrippa says: " Love of abundance, fascinated by display, given to compliments, affronts and insolences, and to spy upon others. Inclined to betray confidences, not always intentionally. Rather vacillatory and unreliable. ... in character untrustworthy." The number Five [as in the five swords he carries] is attributed to Mars, and perhaps there is an interpretation that all is fair in war, the end justifies the means; or in seeing him not as betraying his own, but heroically entering the camp of the enemy to steal their armoury. But hero or traitor, he still looks a pretty slimey character to me, and I tend to few it more negatively than positive.

Kwaw

star-lover

out of all the *horrid* cards lol i must say i dislike this one very much
i would rather get 3 of swords hanged man death the moon and the rest of them than the 7 of swords
always bad news for me lol

its that *not knowing* what the hell is going on with this card

im not saying whatever secretive thing is going on is bad just that it raises suspicions because it always seems so covert though i admit that cover might be in your best interests in the end too

just my 2 cents

Fulgour

He's that Krazy Kat in the red fez hat...
and watch out for his magical math ~

One for you
Two for me

Two for you
Three for me

And so off he goes with 5
and there you are~with 2

Yabba dabba deeba dabba
Yabba dabba doo

star-lover

Fulgour said:
He's that Krazy Kat in the red fez hat...
and watch out for his magical math ~

One for you
Two for me

Two for you
Three for me

And so off he goes with 5
and there you are~with 2

Yabba dabba deeba dabba
Yabba dabba doo

youre too funny man lol
thanks for that nifty verse - its very apt

heres another take which i found quite good - its less sinister than alot of interpretations but still quite a selfish take
(link because copyrighted text so couldnt paste directly)

http://tarot.leila.ca/minors.html

if 7 of swords isnt there just click on the drop down menu

i get this card quite a bit and wish i could see the positive side totally - bit of a joker he seems bit like the magician
pulls one over you if you let him but if you dont he wont in that way hes benign
must be a nice side to him lol

Rabbit

Ouch!

Why is he holding the sharp ends of the swords?

rcb30872

Just a thought on the colour yellow.

It can relate to the emotions, self-esteem and personal power.

Emerald_Empress

Yellow represents the colour of the sun. The sun represents strength and empowerment. The person looks as thought they are removing swords from soldiers which is a pretty brave thing to do! It can mean oncoming peace to a situation.

x_shadow_xx

I like this card.

The sneaky thief stealing off with 5 swords while the guards in the background are too preoccupied to notice.
He's just making off when he spies 2 more swords. Maybe a case of too greedy, his hands are full already.