Äkta Spåman Tarot

gregory

And of course, I have no Princess of Cups (Prinsessa i bägara) - but I do have 78 cards - so we kind of need to take that into account....

gregory

AND - I have a 7 Swords, I see - Fördärv - I had thought for the ten, but you're right about Undergang - and Fördärv does have 7 knives stuck in her pretty body.

So if all that works, I am left with Gagnlöshet to stand in for my missing Princess....

Hm.

page of ghosts

It is really is a puzzle you've found with this deck. I wish I could see the whole thing for myself, too bad it's sold out!

The Lusten card says "what's stopping you/holding you back?" and according to my google skills mean Desire. I don't have any good ideas for what it could be though. I would have suggested the devil but he is all accounted for, so must be something else. It's so weird that one of the princesses are missing though! The Passion card looks like it's kind of holding a cup, but is that really a princess? It is a very elaborate card so it could be something else than a regular numbered minor...

I think I've deciphered what I'm able to at the moment unfortunately, without having more knowledge of the Thoth system or owning the deck myself :( It goes on my wishlist though, so if it ever comes back in stock and I have the funds I'm getting it. I really like it even if it's hard to understand the suits :D

Hopefully someone else comes along who can help you. Did the author ever reach out to you again? I think I remember something about you mailing her earlier in the thread.

gregory

No she didn't yet. Oh well... Thanks for all your help - I MAY be getting there.....

nisaba

Does anyone else have this deck ?
http://lindaspaman.com/Akta-Spaman-Tarot
I just bought a copy, and I am considerably baffled. I am also very interested.

<electrified> I'll be wanting a copy. Do they have enough English - or enough Obvious Website Buttons - for a monolingual idiot to be able to buy?

But my Swedish is - not good.

Trust me, it's better than mine.

The cards appear to be titled in part based on Thoth titles - but not all,

<shrug> Meh. Who needs titles when you have illustrations? That's how, after all, I read the obscure Russian Snake Tarot, an eccentric favourite of mine. I have *no* idea what *any* of the cards are! But get perfectly serviceable readings out of it.

and there is no princess of Cups (Prinsessa i bägara).

If there are other Prinsessa cards, perhaps this was a problem at the packaging stage, and he may be happy to help you.

I am literally having issues trying to get the cards sorted into suits;

<takes deep breath> Are you *sure* you're not talking about the Russian Snake Tarot? Or its identical twin? being unable to recognise all of the suits makes reading with them a lot of fun! <laughter>

If anyone else here has it and / or knows anything. I would be MORE than grateful to hear your views. Or even how the cards fit the suits....

I want one immediately. Even if it comes without a Princess Cups as standard. You dreadful woman, you're enabling me - again!

gregory

<electrified> I'll be wanting a copy. Do they have enough English - or enough Obvious Website Buttons - for a monolingual idiot to be able to buy?
Yes, and also a big note saying out of stock :joke:
Trust me, it's better than mine.
I know. I do know :D
<shrug> Meh. Who needs titles when you have illustrations? That's how, after all, I read the obscure Russian Snake Tarot, an eccentric favourite of mine. I have *no* idea what *any* of the cards are! But get perfectly serviceable readings out of it.
Yes but the majors are so obviously Thothy that I want to sort the minors too. You know I don't read using generics; but I do like to KNOW this stuff of my decks if it is there to be known. And I think it is. And they all have titles. So not Chinese Snake at all.
If there are other Prinsessa cards, perhaps this was a problem at the packaging stage, and he may be happy to help you.
HE ? Linda is a she person.
But there are 78 cards, and no dupes, so I think one of the others must stand for her.
<takes deep breath> Are you *sure* you're not talking about the Russian Snake Tarot? Or its identical twin? being unable to recognise all of the suits makes reading with them a lot of fun! <laughter>
Yes. There are only two snakes (as I recall...) And the RS has no majors, I think ?
I want one immediately. Even if it comes without a Princess Cups as standard. You dreadful woman, you're enabling me - again!
Tough. As I say - sold out. In fact I think I must have got her last copy. (which is actually a shame for you, as it is TOTALLY female, and actually rather you.) Email her (her English is also better than your Swedish !) - and ask if she's reprinting.

page of ghosts

Gregory, I think I've figured out the Passion card that I think was way too elaborate to be a minor. I think it's the Strength card! If this is the thoth card they are almost identical - I don't have the deck to check the real one but google keeps giving me this one:

http://www.corax.com/tarot/cards/index.html?passion

gregory

You may be right - but - then where would you put the Lustan card I linked to ? The Thoth deck calls the Strength card Lust.... Would you just switch them ?

But I have to pack. You all keep working and I'll come back and grade your essays on Saturday ;)

page of ghosts

I've seen it called passion as well as lust, not sure what I'd switch Lusten to yet but I'll keep looking and see if there isn't a minor that works better with that one.

gregory

Actually they would switch places quite well, now that you mention it.