Forest Folklore - Queen of Wands

rcb30872

I must have to say that this is one of my favourite cards. What a lovely image we have here, an adult fairy, with a child fairy in her lap, reading a book. Very maternal and motherly feeling I get from that. The adult fairy is focused on the book, and has the child in such a way that the child feels safe, secure and comfortable. But at the same time, when I look at the child fairy I somewhat get the sense that the child doesn't want to be there, the way that she is looking straight ahead, not even looking at the book, the way her knees are drawn up. Her hand is up to her mouth, either out of boredom (perhaps stifling a yawn) or seeing something beyond the book that might be frightening. The adult fairy seems to be very in control of the whole situation, although she doesn't seem to show signs of annoyance, if there is, it is very subtle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria
Amanita muscaria, commonly known as the fly agaric or fly Amanita, is a poisonous and psychoactive basidiomycete fungus.

scorpioleah

I too love this card. I see the child, she is looking up something far more interesting has caught her eye, her wings are up and she would love nothing more than to investigate. Her mothers wings are down, shes relaxed reading the book to her young. They are in a safe surrounding