Flonz Victorian Lenormand

baylys

Hi all. I am still alive.
I owe you guys a huge SORRY for disappearing and leaving the Flonz in the lurch.

Time for an update I guess.

I'm living at the bottom of the country and working in Doubtful Sound driving buses and working on the boat. Absolutely LOVING it!!!!!

When I was planning on doing the mass release of the 2nd ed Flonz, I was in too much of a hurry and it came out looking shoddy. I sent a copy to GreatDane and thankfully she kept me honest, pointing out the flaws. I owe her a big debt of gratitude. The perfectionist in me would not allow me to release anything that wasn't right, and that would be cheating you guys by selling you a rush job.

So that meant starting from scratch.....

And I have been damn lazy since I have been down here and I have done absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!! I have even been avoiding this place because I felt guilty about that :(

But no more! From today I am going to start prepping the card and myself to start the 2nd ed Flonz from scratch again.

Seeing as I am starting from the beginning again, is there any changes you would like made? Suggestions, comments, criticisms....? Please bear in mind I am doing this whole deck BY HAND ON PAPER!

The only suggestion that I WON'T take on board though is card inserts. The symbol will be on them, but I am NOT doing a card insert. The reason: I can't stand them and I find them very distracting. Also, this deck is very simple and an insert complicates it unnecessarily. And it will be hard trying to find the right one to match the Flonz. And I am doing the Flonz by hand and don't have any digital editing software. So, sorry, but inserts are out.

Once again, very sorry folks (but once it's all done I do still plan on doing that massive Flonz giveaway).

Nina*

Good to see you, Baylys!

Well, you know I think it's close to perfect. The only thing I could think of was maybe shadowing Flowers and Birds a bit?

baylys

Good to see you, Baylys!

Well, you know I think it's close to perfect. The only thing I could think of was maybe shadowing Flowers and Birds a bit?

I could manage this I think. I always did think these two never quite gelled. Because the stamps are already made, I'll stamp the image and have a go at putting in a bit more detail by hand.

Wish me luck that I don't screw it up.....

MoonGypsy

I could manage this I think. I always did think these two never quite gelled. Because the stamps are already made, I'll stamp the image and have a go at putting in a bit more detail by hand.

Wish me luck that I don't screw it up.....

Whoot! :party: i am so happy to see you back on the project! You go girl! i have
full confidence in you and your Creative Muse...It WILL happen! Yes!

baylys

Thanks hun, I'm excited about it again, instead of feeling 'ugh'. That tells me I needed the break from it. Can't wait to get stuck into it today.

ladybird

I think the Flonz Victorian Lenormand is lovely as is! I don't think card inserts are even necessary for your deck, though I love them and usually prefer them, they would take away from the gorgeous simplicity of the Flonz.

Best!!

greatdane

WHOO FREAKIN HOO! YAY BAYLYS

I agree the FLonz is gorgeous in it's simplicity and would really not like to see inserts. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND ALL OF US, BAYLYS! The Flonz is coming! The Flonz is coming! OK the Flonz...PART DEUX is coming :).

baylys

Revised bird image.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423090396.228533.jpg

baylys

Revised flowers image.

From this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423093228.105948.jpg

To this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423093245.722600.jpg

It feels MUCH better to me.

greatdane

Those look great, Baylys, but honestly....

I liked the old ones and the new ones both just as well. They both look great to me. It will be cool the new one is a little different, just because it is the "new" deck, but I love all the images you use.