Deck of the Week Sign up Group - week 31 - March 3-10 2012

strings of life

ETA: I'm backing out this week since I'm too sick with a cold :(. I'm focusing on trimming a deck though.

AJ

I'll be interested to see how you feel about the VR at the end of the week.
I had it on my top 20 list for years but the last time I used it the glow was gone. It felt...um, wore out and trying too hard. Times and tastes change, as always. I let 'er go with no sorrow.

Mi-Shell

shoveling snow
shoveling snow
no time for tarot
but shoveling snow.....
:(

vee

I just did my first draw with the Crystal Tarot. I decided to use it as a prompt for writing, which I was kind of worried about, because the Crystal Tarot has such beautiful, classic artwork and my WIP is a first person narration from a cynical incarcerated teenager. But my draw actually ended up making me focus on a different dimension to my work than I had been, so it was a perfect compliment! I don't think I'll do creative draws everyday, but I definitely want to try them more often. This is definitely reinvigorating my desire to do daily draws, yay!

and Mi-Shell, stay snowed in and keep writing about the Origins Tarot! ;) I love reading your thoughts. Sorry I haven't been responding as much to your posts, I've been quite busy, but do know that I'm reading and appreciating!

vee

I'll be interested to see how you feel about the VR at the end of the week.
I had it on my top 20 list for years but the last time I used it the glow was gone. It felt...um, wore out and trying too hard. Times and tastes change, as always. I let 'er go with no sorrow.

I will be interested too. That's a deck I've been trying to de-enable myself from for some time, since it's so darn expensive :p

Asbestos Mango

Have you been rummaging through my brain? (I REALLY don't advise it..) Replace the word 'Rosetta' with the word 'Osho' and that whole post could've been mine! :)

LOL. No, Karmagoth, it's dangerous enough rummaging through my own brain, let alone someone else's.

I did a reading with the Rosetta, well, it's yesterday afternoon now, since it's past 1:00 am here in Massachusetts, and the cards got freaky on me. The Ace of Wands was the central card, surrounded by the Prince, King and Princess of Wands, with the Universe as my opposing influence. Since I'm awake, I'm going to take another look at it. I didn't have time to explore it properly since I had a doctor's appointment.

I love this deck.

Karmagoth

I have just posted my Daily Draw. Talk about a slap in the face! The Osho doesn't mess about does it? :)

AJ

I need to think up an issue and do a reading with the Minchiate, mid-second week and still haven't 'read' with it!

strings of life

I'll be interested to see how you feel about the VR [Victoria Regina] at the end of the week.
AJ, I'm backing out this week. I've got a terrible head cold and am just being flaky with focusing. I have two exchanges (Oracles) to keep me busy and a deck trimming and gilding project on The Dream Enchantress Tarot. It's time to hack off the white borders and gild the the edges a stunning Emerald green!

Regarding the Victoria Regina, I'll keep you posted. Tastes do change; I sold it and ended up replacing it!

vee

Feel better auracana!

AJ, you need an issue? How about school uniforms? :laugh: (Your question reminded me of having to write 5 paragraph essays in middle school, that was always a popular topic)