Doorways to a Tree-Climb: General preparations

Agape

Q. Why do this?

A. Because you will gradually achieve psychological integration and spiritual evolution.

Theory:

Dion Fortune in her book mystical quabballah gives an excellent outline which I shall summarize.

If we look at the 10 sephirah in terms of the macrocosm ('out there' forces). The paths between each sephiroth are states of balance between the energy's of the two respective sephirah. Through working with each of these 22 paths that join the various sephirah and balancing them within ourselves. We gain psychological integration and spiritual insight as well as self-initiation.

So; one way of doing this is by employing the 22 major Tarot trumps, relating them to the 22 paths between the sephirah, they can become doorways to an inner landscape where various spontaneous experiences are had. These experiences gradually bring about the psychological and spiritual unfoldment that we are seeking. We work with each trump in turn gradually 'climbing' the tree, a process which generates an evolutionary momentum.

There are many who are generally familiar with this pathworking process, also there are many who are not. This will be designed so that people who have little or no experience of this kind of work will be able to achieve safe and reliable results. There will be no financial costs associated with this.

What next?

Some discussion this week and a practical outline next week, after that a separate thread for practical work on the world/ universe card.

Love

Agape

Simone

Hi, Agape dear,

thanks for this introduction. It makes me all the more impatient to get going! :)

I guess the work we'll do will be more or less like the session at the conference in Framligham, except that we do the visualisations on our own and at our own rythm and convenience? (I was about to type "rythm and blues" :laugh: ...)

I am looking forward to it!

Love
Simone

Umbrae

Cool!

Umbrae looks for a dotted line upon which to sign...

:smoker:

Moonbow

Ok Agape

I am ready to start, I am one of those who has 'never' done this type of thing before so I will follow my leader :)

Agape

Birth Pangs

I'm looking forward to this work partly because you get further input on revisits to the paths (bit like climbing jacobs ladder). I'm travelling (Physically) tommorow so I will check if there are any questions on friday. I will give a clear outline of method early next week, you can email me if you want (takes me up to 7 days to respond but I will get back to you).

Talk to you all Friday

Love

Agape

Little Baron

Would love to climb along with you.

If you have already seen my ramblings over the Enoil Gavat, you will know that I am trying (and I mean 'trying') to get a grip on these paths as part of my study of the deck.

Would be very inetrested in following this as well.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Jewel-ry

Hi there Agape,

Hoping there is room for another. I have just 're-found' my Gill tarot which is based on the Tree of Life so would like a better understanding. I look forward to following along as well.

~

Agape

Its good that people are interested in this kind of work, especially in a community context.

Next week I will set out a practical outline which we can all then discuss and gain an overall consensus. After that we will commence. The divination I have done for all this is very encouraging.

Love

Agape

Satori

Hi there everyone!
If there is room in study hall I'd like to participate.
I'm recently a Gill convert, thanks to TarotGarden's sale racks, so I'm hoping to learn some more about Qabbala Kabbalah or however you say it, spell it, toast it.........

Agape

setting up

Sit in a posture that is firm but relaxed with an upright back or alternately lie on your back with your arms slightly away from your sides.

Do a basic breathing exercise e.g. fill your lungs for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, empty lungs for a count of 4, leave empty for a count of 4. After a while you may feel a gentle rippling in the diaphragm.

Do the kabbalistic cross if you know it, or visualise the following:

Above your head but not touching it, a football sized sphere of blinding white brilliance, feel the 'pressure' of this centre's energy on the top of your skull. A beam of pure light travels from this sphere through your body to your feet where the earth sphere forms (the colour being whatever is appropriate for the earth for you). Return to the posture you were in if need be.

Now see the 4 archangels surrounding you, speak the name of each as you visualize the following:

In the east Raphael. He stands about 8ft tall, his robe is yellow but his face is too blindingly bright to see clearly. There are flashes of purple light around his form and his robes move in a light breeze.

In the south Michael, also 8ft tall, blinding bright countenance, in red robes holding a red hot (not flaming) sword. There are flashes of green light around him sometimes.

In the west Gabriel, 8ft, face and head again blinding bright, blue robe, holding a cup. Now and then an orange glow about him.

In the north Uriel, also at least 8ft, with a blinding countenance, robes of citrine, olive, russet and black, holding a sheaf of corn.

Many people will have a centering/energising practice which they may prefer to use.

Exploring a path, which will involve having spontaneous 'unscripted' experiences will commence next week. A few more steps will be added to the above. The advantage of having a general procedure is that if people wish to work totally independantly of my input (for whatever reason) they can. I want to help, sometimes though after a while, some prefer to work on their own and then maybe come back to confer with the overall group. My objective is to facilitate and help, not produce dependancy. Once the 32nd path has been done through aeclectic, anyone can apply the techniques independantly, though my help will always be here.

So our journey commences next week.

Love

Agape