"Traveling Tarot Caravan"

Grizabella

I didn't see the van. I just saw the house. I'll go back and look again.

rachelcat

My tarot society friend and I had this idea a few months back. Here in DC, food trucks are all the rage, and we thought why not a "tarot truck." I guess there really is nothing new under the sun.

But this one is so beautifully decorated, that now I'm kind of discouraged. I was thinking of something more funky/hippie/eclectic/cheap.

I thought it would be nice to have an awning attached to the side with folding table and chairs, so you could read outside on nice days. I think the idea originally came about because we were trying to think of some way to read at fairs, etc. without having to deal with wind and rain, or erecting a tent . . .

This is a beautiful thing, though. Who thought you could do so much with such a small van! Love the curved ceiling. And the stained glass.

Catgirl

I love that! Every day to & from work I pass a retired (but real) red caboose train car for sale. My first thought was how cool it would be to turn it into a “tiny house.” But really, all the work of putting in a kitchen, a bathroom, probably too much hassle for me. But turning it into an meditation room/tarot studio type of space, in addition to a more traditional (but still small) home would be awesome. It wouldn't be mobile, but it would definitely be unique.

3ill.yazi

It's like an esoteric Ding Dong Cart!

Debra

But this one is so beautifully decorated, that now I'm kind of discouraged. I was thinking of something more funky/hippie/eclectic/cheap.

Ah, well, the whole point of the Apartment Therapy website, in my opinion, is to encourage people to spend way too much time decorating things.

One might feel inferior for being less decor-minded--or! Superior for being less decor-minded! I choose the latter :laugh:

rachelcat

One might feel inferior for being less decor-minded--or! Superior for being less decor-minded! I choose the latter :laugh:
Sounds good! I'm with you!

I like the caboose idea, too! My college was originally named for the Western Maryland Railroad (Western Maryland College, now McDaniel College), so it has a caboose parked beside the football field. (I think they have very small homecoming parties in there or something . . .)

Shade

Oh nice! It's hard to do the mystical decorating thing and not end up with a jumble. My place looks a bit at the moment like they're having a sale at the Cost Plus in the Vatican.

They seem to have done a lovely job of keeping it light with lots of white and minimalist furniture. Anyone who can keep an assortment of oddments without it looking cluttered gets a gold star from me. And the gypsy tarot truck looks like it must be very fun to read in.

I've seen a lot of people do the color coordinated book thing and I largely (probably unfairly) assume that they aren't reading them but just go out and try to find two green books and four yellow ones. Nearly all design suggestions involving books make me queasy "put a stack of three books on their side and top it off with a decorative miniature globe." No! I want to be able to read them! That said, it does look lovely in this space.

tarotbear

*sigh* - it must be nice to have a large, disposable income to afford one of these things ... or even to have an income at all! :(