Secret Tarot:Message on Knave of Wands leg.

lark

You don't write the name of your mother on your leg...
You write the name of your lover.

Myrrha

Lark, I'm shocked! She's the Mother Superior of a very important convent, the one the Empress herself was educated in. And then there's the age difference... What else? I really think there is a story in this.
--Myrrha

Cerulean

Not on my 1997 version

The left stocking is clean as far as I can tell.

http://www.gambler.ru/sukhty/decks03/d01541/d01541cJ.jpg

I only see to the left hand side the shadow the Knave casts on the wall and how the shadow in the cloud in the background mirrors his head and shoulders and the perspective of the wall receding back behind him.--a lovely design example of echoing shapes.

I also see the scoring of white that adds highlights to elements of his costuming, as people have said..

That is wonderful to have seen something else! A nice excuse if I pick up a newer one to look for different design details in the Knave of Wands.

Thanks for the notes...

Cerulean Mari

lark

Myrrha said:
Lark, I'm shocked! She's the Mother Superior of a very important convent, the one the Empress herself was educated in. And then there's the age difference... What else? I really think there is a story in this.
--Myrrha
So very true...
This is the story I heard...
The Hight Priestess initiates all of the Knave's in the ways of love.
This is to be kept a secret.
The Knave of Wands being the firery ardent sort of lad, could not contain his passion and fell hard for the HP.
And wrote her name on his leg as a tibute to her.
But to those who are very observant (hyatt) the secret was discovered.
And so now we know.
Hence the name the Secret Tarot.

I wonder what other Secrets there are to discover?

edited to change to Knave....:)

mj07

lark said:
So very true...
This is the story I heard...
The Hight Priestess initiates all of the Knights in the ways of love.
This is to be kept a secret.
The Knight of Wands being the firery ardent sort, could not contain his passion and fell hard for the HP.
And wrote her name on his leg as a tibute to her.
But to those who are very observant (hyatt) the secret was discovered.
And so now we know.
Hence the name the Secret Tarot.

I wonder what other Secrets there are to discover?

but... but... aren't we talking about the Knave here?? hmm... even more "shocking"!! hahaha!

lark

mj07 said:
but... but... aren't we talking about the Knave here?? hmm... even more "shocking"!! hahaha!
oh sorry ...
see how gossip distorts the truth. :)
Yes it is even MORE shocking.

DarkElectric

Yes, it is even more shocking. The truth is...that naughty knave STOLE La Papessa's stockings, and is bold enough to dare wear them on the STREET! (Even though her name is right there on them, so they don't get lost in the laundry.) He points to the sky, so we will look up and never notice that the sly scamp is trotting about in pilfered hosiery.