"Tarot Day" Vote #2 :: The Run-Off

Vote for Your "Tarot Day" Run-Off Choice

• February 10: 1st time tarot is mentioned in history w/ optional "Tarot Week" ending on PCS' b-day

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • July 22: Feast Day of the Magdalene, Patron St. of Gypsy Fortune-Tellers

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • May 25: "World Tarot Day", Feast of the Black Madonna, Patron St. of the Gypsies

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grizabella

July 22nd. :D

rachelcat

February 10 AND WEEK for me!

I think we should celebrate by taking a day off work giving marathon readings all day in public. And emphasize love readings for pre-Valentine's Day!

elvenstar

February.

Because:

a) July 22 is already something, i.e. the day of St. Magdalene.

b) and more important, for people who are not Christian it would make a whole lot more sense to have a 'religion-neutral' day!

Ross G Caldwell

elvenstar said:
February.

Because:

b) and more important, for people who are not Christian it would make a whole lot more sense to have a 'religion-neutral' day!

Thanks for that thought! I hadn't thought about it that way (and originally voted for April Fool's Day).

But I do think seizing a neutral day is a *very* good idea. (and before pedants remind me, of course every single day of the year is crowded by Christian saints - but can you name off the top of your head any Christian - or indeed any formal religion's - claim on Februrary 10? (no looking on Google now)).

Ross

Scarlet27

I voted for the February day/week =)

Great idea, btw, I've never thought of a Tarot day.

Cocobird55

I voted for February, too. It's such a dull month and it needs something to brighten it up!

greycats

I voted for July because there's nothing else going on during that month (except for July 4 which is no longer an event for which I have to prepare since my kids are grown). On reflection, however, I think perhaps the May date might be better because it's less associated with other elements. ;)

The crowned one

Looks like a run-a-way for Feb. week.

6 Haunted Days

None of the choices.

What's the plan? A Tarot day on AT? What would we do? Talk more about Tarot than we do?

HearthCricket

Ross G Caldwell said:
Thanks for that thought! I hadn't thought about it that way (and originally voted for April Fool's Day).

But I do think seizing a neutral day is a *very* good idea. (and before pedants remind me, of course every single day of the year is crowded by Christian saints - but can you name off the top of your head any Christian - or indeed any formal religion's - claim on Februrary 10? (no looking on Google now)).

Ross

Yup. St. Scholastica and this year it was also the first Sunday in Lent. That is another reason why I didn't choose February. Lent.