RWS 6 of wands

Barleywine

The image is a simple illustration of a victory march (rather than going off to battle). Similar images are found on many of the illustrative works of the period - especially when illustrating Arthurian themes. To make too much of the details in most of the Minors when establishing core meanings - except as they serve to remind you of those core meanings - is to get off track. However, the details can be extremely important in any individual reading if you use projective techniques—i.e., what the details trigger in the moment that is related to that moment in time.

Funny, I had the notion that a victory march occurs after a battle, when the victorious army marches back into the city. Are we sure they were all "staged" holiday parades like we have these days?

Teheuti

Funny, I had the notion that a victory march occurs after a battle, when the victorious army marches back into the city. Are we sure they were all "staged" holiday parades like we have these days?
Yes, a victory march is after a battle. Did I say anything different? It could be directly after a battle or days or months later upon entry into the main town. The victory wreath suggests that there has already been some official award given.

Barleywine

Yes, a victory march is after a battle. Did I say anything different? It could be directly after a battle or days or months later upon entry into the main town. The victory wreath suggests that there has already been some official award given.

Not really, no, I just got the implication that the horses were only armored on the way to battle. Certainly the march wouldn't have to be on the way back from the battlefield. I think I've watched too many old Charlton Heston movies.

EvaSegovia

WOW!!! I never expected this much information and speculation! Thank you, all of you... I'm much, MUCH clearer about the card and how to approach it, not to mention how NOT to approach it. This forum is an awesome place to learn. Thanks again everyone