the urnash tarot

rwcarter

I looked for this deck on amazon.ca and found two entries, one for $23.70 and another $35.66. The cards in the $35 one seem to have borders while the one for $23 doesn't. Is there a reason for this difference or are they just using a different photo? And also, are there any other differences between these two?
Riccardo from Lo Scarabeo answered this question awhile ago for some other deck. The advertising materials are often completed and sent out to vendors like Amazon before final decisions have been made. There was one deck that had 3 different colored borders depending on where you saw it, but actually only had blue borders IIRC.

If there are two different ISBNs, then I would guess the difference in price is because one is from Llewellyn (the North American distributor) and one is directly from Lo Scarabeo (the publisher).

kaesrel

Riccardo from Lo Scarabeo answered this question awhile ago for some other deck. The advertising materials are often completed and sent out to vendors like Amazon before final decisions have been made. There was one deck that had 3 different colored borders depending on where you saw it, but actually only had blue borders IIRC.

If there are two different ISBNs, then I would guess the difference in price is because one is from Llewellyn (the North American distributor) and one is directly from Lo Scarabeo (the publisher).

Oh! Now I get it. I'm sorry for asking something that has been answered before. But at least now I can pre-order without fear.

Thanks for replying! :)

Egypt Urnash

Actually I was wondering about that myself a bit, so I'm glad Kaesrel asked! Thanks for enlightening both of us, Rodney.

I blew off figuring out which listing on Amazon to point people to and have just been linking directly to Lo Scarabeo and Llewellyn's pages. Which admittedly means you can't impulsively put it on your Amazon wishlist.

Anyway, the actual deck is borderless. The pictures I've posted on the net largely had borders, but I found they really detracted from the deck's presence when I started making them by hand, so the borders all got turned off.