78 Weeks: Judgement

jmd

To find out what these threads refer to, please seeThe link above provides suggested dates and links to all threads for this study.

Some amongst us may be working through the deck in a different order, and using different decks.

For more general comments or questions about the 78 weeks, please post in the thread linked above.

Enjoy!

TemperanceAngel

After the Sun debarcle, I was a tad frightened to look at the Herbal Judgement, but phew, everything was fine and the herb is Golden Seal, one that I am taking at the moment :)

Like the RWS Sun, I have never really resonated with RWS Judgement. I don't like the tombs, but perhaps I should not look at them as tombs, but instead doors opening, allowing our innerselves to poke through feeling refreshed and renewed.

TRANSFORMATION is always the keyword I associate with this card. But on what level?

I think that Judgement is a card that one can step into as much as they like, the deeper you go the wider it becomes, like the High Priestess.

And speaking of the High Priestess, I have thought about Judgement like this a bit: 2+0 = The High Priestess+The Fool OR 2x10 = The High PriestessxWheel of Fortune. Both of those combos infinately fascinate me :D

They both look to me to be a renewal or rebirth on a deep, esoteric or karmic level. A cycle within ones self has ended and started again. Or one has understood their cycle or karma and created a rebirth, an inner renewal or a transformation :)

With the angel above blowing their trumpet, it is an awakening, or a calling, receiving a message from divine intervention. Or perhaps ones inner self has awoken to something, a message, a dream, a thought or an inspiration.

Liberation of the soul

I think it was Lark in another thread, said something about Judgement that really inspired me to look at the card from a fresh perspective or perhaps it was her words or thoughts that awoke my soul....

Every client I have had this past week, has had Judgement in their spreads, allowing me to look at the card from different angles and perspectives. I need to work with this card a little more, I think a meditation is in order, so I can really feel the essence of the card ;)

Once again, thanks for listening XTAX

TemperanceAngel

I have thought some more about the numerology and can't get the High Priestess out of my head when I think of Judgement now.

2 + 0 = 2 = The High Priestess

So perhaps Judgement has something to do with bringing to light the hidden meanings of the High Priestess, or gaining an understanding of them?

Moonbow

Hadar Marseilles

An Angel emerges from a blue cloud and signals man's re-birth with his trumpet. He is surrounded by 20 rays of red and yellow (same number as the card itself). There are droplets in the air, some of which appear to be yods and some look like tears coming away from the people (one per person). The three people have been awakened and now wait for their judgement.

They have blue hair and stand around a grave which is green (life). The people are praying.

This Judgement is the summing up, the cleansing before reaching the World card, where wholeness and freedom awaits.

Words connected to this card are - renewal, change, awakening, success, re-birth, rejuvenation, cleansing, a new direction. Number 2 means reflection, contrast, duality - the reflection of life and death or death and life.

TemperanceAngel

Moonbow* did you miss the Sun?? XTAX

CreativeFire

XX - Judgement

Universal Waite

A red winged angel blowing a trumpet (with a white flag with a red cross), looking down on the naked people below. The people are standing in their boxes looking up and all have their arms raised.

The nakedness of the people in the image connects for me to the fact that you are ultimately judged by who you are, your actions and not by what you wear, what you have or any material trappings that you may have acquired on your life journey.

The angel blowing the trumpet seems to be calling or signaling to the people that it is time to come out of their "boxes" (reborn or re-incarnated) and be transformed spiritually in some way. Perhaps recognising there is a higher purpose to their physical existence. The water in the image makes me think of cleansing, washing away of the past.

Karma is often what I think of when I see the Judgement card - being accountable for your actions. Knowing that how you live your life will come full circle one day. So you need to use your best judgement throughout life's choices and be prepared to live with (and learn from) the results.

CreativeFire

Major Tom

For me, Judgement is a wake-up call, that final realisation that Everything is Everything, that the self and the One Will are one and the same.

Thinking in terms of the final Judgement, I am of the belief that it is we ourselves who Judge. Who other than the self is more capable, or indeed more harsh?

In my quest to create a Tarot of Marseilles depicting the characters in modern dress it was a simple matter to dress the angel in a shirt with collar and cuffs.

I would welcome any comments on this card or indeed any of the cards in this deck on this thread on the Tarot Deck Creation Board.

Attachments

• xx judgement.jpg
    xx judgement.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 227

Jewel-ry

J Judgement
U Understanding
D Deepening
G Go-ahead
E Enlightenment
M Meaningful
E Emanate
N New direction
T Transcendence

HADAR

The Angel which dominates the sky, blows her trumpet as a signal or sign that the time is right. Pay attention! I see this card as a calling. It could be calling to account for something .. the past, a deed? To stand up and be counted. The people who arise from the graves are naked, a reminder that we come into the world with nothing and leave with nothing. The only thing we can take with us is our soul. There are no constraints, we are free to accept the past. Liberated. The person at the front of the card stands deep in the hole (grave) bringing to the mind the idea of a deep and meaningful situation or experience. I think the depth of feeling is important here.

CRYSTAL

This card is so different from the Marseille. The colouring is very pastel, very spiritual and the instrument seems more horn-like than trumpet. The blowing is aimed upwards which in my opinion demonstrates more of a celebration of life or rejoicing. An uplifting experience!

:)

rcb30872

Radiant Rider-Waite

XX - Judgement

LWB

Change of position, renewal and outcome

My Impressions
As the people standing in what can be seen to be tombs and the fact that they are blue, means that in some sense somthing has died. It is time when to move on from something on to something new, and perhaps something completely different.

As the bodies are blue, and the tombs are in water, which can be consiered to be far from being calm, in other words turmoil and torment. There are mountains in behind this which is covered with ice or snow. In some way, this could indicate a difficutl time, where you may feel exposed to the elements, left out in the cold, and down in the dumps. But, on the other hand this may make you feel that you have nothing to lose, as you have lost it already, and may give you the feeling that you are willing to give something else a go. It is like you have been stripped bear, and you have to rebuild your life all over again, and hopefully, this time, for the better.

Having said that, the people are looking up to the Heavens, where there is an angel blowing a bugle, or something like that. This can be seen as the announcement of an arrival of something, as it can be compared to the fanfare that goes on when someone signals to a king of a queen. Usually this imples that it is an arrival of an important message, which could be seen the same for someone who may get this card in a reading.

In which case, it could be a message that to keep your faith and your hope, don't give up totally yet. As indicated, by the fact that the sea is turbulent, the blue people and the ice/snow covered mountains, then this message could not have come at a better time, where it could be seen that things have hit rock bottom, that when you are thinking that you are doomed and there is no way things can bet any worse, up comes this card, as to indicate don't give up yet.

On the other hand, it could be seen just as that, judgement, where you have come to the point where you are going to get back what you have given out. If you have been horrible to someone, or have done something in an underhanded way, you think you may have won or got away with it, but watch out, what you have done has been noticed, and you will pay the price for what you have done sooner or later. On the other hand, if you have been kind, caring, generous and operating under the best intentions, you will get your reward, you may think that it is a waste of time as you don't get anything back in return, how wrong you are. Just wait and see!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Golden Tarot of Klimt

XX - Judgement

LWB

Choice, test and important crossroads

My Impressions
In this case, this can be considered a time that is between the death of something and a new beginning of something. There is actually a skeleton in the card. This seems to be on some sort of pole, which have other people on it. It is hard to say whether they are dead or not, I would say some are an some are not, can be just seen as resting.

In general, the feeling of the card is not a happy one. It indicates that there is a sense that things are really quite bad, and that you have hit rock bottom. By looking at the card, I would say that this could indicate the need to rest and recuperate. Other things that it could be seen to indicate by the other images, a time to dream, follow your dreams, a re-birth or birth, and strength. I have noticed a woman that is pregnant, and that is very close to giving birth.

It makes me think that you have reached a point where you feel despondent, desperate, depressed and the sense that nothing seems to be going in your favour. It makes me think that things have to get worse, or really, really bad, before things can get better.

This is different to Death, where the drastic changes take place, as in the ending of something and the brand new start may indicate that things are not really under your control, whereas with this card I would say that this would be something different, that you may have more control over the ending. What I mean by this, say, for example, you are in a situation that you don't lie, but you stick it out regardless because yuou don't want to have change, until you finally reach the point where it can no longer be tolerated, and that is whne you end whatever that is. This process, in deciding that you are not happy and then deciding that you no longer wan it and to end it, can take a long time, depending on the individual and your level of tolerance. Until you get to a certain point wher eyou crack, and that's it, over, kaput!

Attachments

• Judgement - Radiant Rider-Waite.jpg
    Judgement - Radiant Rider-Waite.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Judgement - Golden Tarot of Klimt.jpg
    Judgement - Golden Tarot of Klimt.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 195

gregory

Judgement - Revelations Tarot
First impressions

Pallid – I don’t immediately relate to this card, in a strange sort of way. It doesn’t look Judgmental, at first impact.

From the book
Upright

Hear the trumpets calling; heed the blaring sounds. Answer the call of the awakening sounds of the universe.
Decisions are made when this card is drawn. The right decision will become apparent within yourself if you listen to your inner voice. Sometimes the answers are obvious, but we fail to hear them for distractions and background noise. When the decision is reached, you will feel at ease with yourself because the hardest part will be over. The awakening within oneself can also mean a confidence has been regained.
When this card represents an individual, the person acts as a sign or a giver of advice that only reaffirms what you have always known within you.
In a situation, this card calls for a decision to be made to resolve any issues. It is more important to consider what lies ahead of your decision than to waste any more time in making it. Much like the Death card, the call of judgement means a closure to the end of a journey, and it is now time to decide on which path to travel. You may consider a new job, a new career, a new relationship, or even a whole new environment.

Reversed
The deafening sounds cannot be avoided; the constant beckoning cannot be ignored.
Procrastination has caused a delay in the making of your decisions. The trumpets blare for a response, and yet you hold back on moving on. Time is wasted through distractions and dithering. This card warns of making a decision soon or the opportunity will pass, leaving you with only regret.
In terms of an individual, this card embodies the ultimate procrastinator. This person not only wastes his or her time making a decision, but the time of others. The excuses are endless, and he or she has mastered the art of diversion. This person is afraid to commit to the possibilities of the future or to take responsibility for his or her own actions.
In terms of a situation, the reverse of this card signifies a fear of change and of responsibility. Projects may never begin, relationships may never get past the initial stages, and life decisions may never be executed. Everything remains stagnant and in flux, festering away with neglect, which will eventually lead to decay and dissipation.

Images and Symbolism
The angel of judgement represents the call from a higher source. A choir of angels accompanies the sound of the trumpet. The message is of a life after death.
The man in the middle opens his arms wide to accept this new stage in his (after)life. He is as naked as all beings are born and as they shall die.
On the reverse, the angel blares his call, but the man covers his ears to hide from the sound. The choirs of angels sing in vain. The man does not want to move on from the grave of his fate.

Traditional meanings
Upright:
Rejuvenation. Awakening, renewal, a well lived life, better health, a quickened mind.

Reversed: Fear of death, failure, possible loss, ill health.

I think these hold up reasonably in this version of the card, though the upright image looks to me rather less positive than this !

My impressions:
Upright
A very dispassionately severe angel looks down at a naked person standing in roiling water. The figure is opening his arms, reaching up towards the angel. The angel’s wings each bear 3 golden angels; the angel himself (he looks male) wears a priestly cope, and blows a vast horn (it isn’t a trumpet; I am a musician and cannot say that it is one !! It could be called a trump, I guess !) Everything is very pale, calm, collected. It doesn’t come over to me like a judgment at all.

Reversed
This is very similar to the upright image – but warped. The angel looks unhappy and holds the instrument crookedly; his head is bent to one side. The angels in his wings are reached out for help. The figure in front of him is blocking its ears and weeping. It is certainly an opposite image.

The two aspects to the card are diametrically opposed, yet appear very similar to the extremely casual glance. A suggestion, perhaps, that not giving these matters full attention could lead to a total misunderstanding of the situation ?