Saturn transiting your 12th?

Deszroo

Hello...is anyone currently experiencing a Saturn 12th house transit?.... wondering how it is for you or perhaps those who have gone through one already. The part about the 12th house having to do with being sequested or in retreat from the rest of the world one way or the other is certainly on my plate; due more to illness and sort of a shutdown of usual activity and opportunity whether I like it or not. I also have more dealings with hospitals, doctors than I care for. I'm no where near retirement but watching elderly around me and their trials and tribulations make you think about more than just the "here and now"...since you suddenly also realize that you're not a kid/or as young anymore. Suddenly issues about pensions, health insurance, and wills etc. start cropping up. I thought mid-life crisis was in your 50's!??..ok someone got that one wrong...maybe me ;). Is anyone else going through things of this nature?. I've found that a few friends who have Saturn transiting 12th right now have issues arise that have to do with illness/health, financials, relations with father...parents, past, family, home...well I guess thats perhaps more Saturn in Cancer. My own current transit involves the tenth house so its really like a flash back of my youth; issues of career, higher leaning come back to roost. Certainly the "otherwordly" side of 12th have been very insistent as well with that perverbial yearning for direct connection with what makes things/one tick, so to speak. I've read that its not a good time to start anything new when Saturn in the 12th transiting..I guess they might mean its a time for favorable to endings than new beginnings...any ideas or perspective?

Deszroo
Thanks

light2000

Hi!

i´m very new at astrology, i cant say anything whith knowledge.

But i knew today, that this couple of years i had the saturn at the 12 house.
Hmm, this make me think that your asc must be virgo.

Well autumn say that was really hard because of that and even bad because i have mars at that house too.

I say that was a really bad times, i had money problems, everthing that i try to do didnt worked at all. I didnt have any kind of disease but i think that i had a lack of energy.The relashionship whith hospitals and doctors is the same because my father is one, so i went there the same times that the other years.lol
hmm, but think about my father... yes, i felt disapointed whith him at this 2 years. He isnt the man that i create at my mind. Yes i saw his bad points. And we fighted more than the ohter years, was because of that?
I dont know, but the point is i dont feel now like i felt for him at the past.
I had fighted for my freedom, and tryed to my father saw that i´m a mature woman now.He have a lot of diferent points of view.But maybe, now thinking, was saturn at my 12 house.

At love was a really good times, but what i´m saying was my life, nothing about astrology knowledge. But you have now saturn at the twelve house and i had, so...

I had problems at the court, i had problems whith a friend from the past, we really dont talk anymore.But must of all money issues.

And yes was a really hard time for me.

Minderwiz

Hi Deszroo,

Well, for me Saturn started out in the twelfth, conjunct to my Ascendant and currently it's conjunct my twelfth House cusp as it enters for the lead up to my second Saturn return.

I think Saturn transitting the twelfth is a time when we reflect on the last cycle and what we have learned about life's lessons. This is not necessarily a pleasant phase of life, often we are confronted with the consequences of mistakes that we've made or things that should have been done, left undone.

The twelfth is traditionally an unhappy place - the links with institutions such as hospitals and prisons (and for that matter places of religious retreat) are ones where we are forced to reflect on those lessons of life. The associations with bad luck, struggle and self undoing also fit into this view of the twelfth.

My view tends to be a bit more optimistic that the out and out horror of some of the traditional views but perhaps not as rose coloured spectacle view as the modern conception of this being a house where we can transcend life (that's the ninth).

The effects of the transit are likely to be noticed when Saturn aspects some other major point in your natal chart - otherwise it tends to be very much background.

The traditional view of life is one of cycles, so the transit of Saturn through the twelfth marks the end of one phase of life an the opening of another, as it passes over the Ascendant. Then you will have to take those lessons you have absorbed and put them to some use as you express yourself in the world - so things will get better :)

Deszroo

Thanks for replies!...its true that Saturn transiting 12th making aspects brings things more to the forefront rather than it simply transiting the house without much bravado. At the moment the former is more the situation. But now that I think about it, its not the first time for this transit for me...but its been awhile. Satun in Cancer transiting my 12th during my formative years, things at home were indeed very stressful...this was a life long situation just particularly highlighted in part by Saturn in Cancer...(which then would have been passing through my mother's sun sign and opposing my father's...they were both of Pluto/Cancer generation). Also, Minderwiz you mentioned "often we are confronted with the consequences of mistakes that we've made or things that should have been done, left undone"...how true!.

Thanks
Desz

paradoxx

Saturns nearing my 12th house (Leo, fun fun fun). My Leo friend is getting married in August, so the challanges are already in place for that lion.

AS for me, Saturn getting further than 30 degrees from my sun andmercury (29 gemini, 1 Cancer) is like untying a knot in just one minute, first you find the center of the problem, then when loosened, the hampering situation falls apart, its just a matter of formality and time to seperate teh two ends and get it done right.

dadsnook2000

A series of unfortunate events . . .

Saturn has two cycles that we watch; the Saturn transits to its natal place, and the transits through our natal chart houses. The 12th house can represent a number of things -- health and confining circumstances are only part of it. Look at where natal Saturn is in your chart by house position. Mine is in the 10th. This means that, for me, Saturn may often be related to career, goals, position and status, the ability to maintain social stability.

When Saturn transited my 12th house many years ago (the early '70's) I took on a position that was near my skill/knowledge limits. Actually because of the corporation involved, it was an oversized challenge that I was poorly prepared for. The 12th house transits coincided with increasing demands, structural intricacies in business relationships, contracts and awarding high money value contracts. While wrestling with all of that my supervisor was busy rewriting contracts, taking kickbacks, making production changes to cover his tracks. The 12th house transit represented increasing pressures. When Saturn transited the ASC I remember feeling very depressed after all that I had been dealing with for two years.

Recently I again experienced the 12th house transit of Saturn. This time I watched the consulting firm that I helped build up lose most of its customers due to the 2001 computer software industry falling apart. Downsizing, bringing new services to market, going hi-tech with Internet services to save on travel costs -- all of those things and more were attempted. In the end, I laid off my department, went home and told the President to call if he needed me. I learned that you can only do what you can do. You take what was of value forward, you leave behind all that didn't stand the test of time.

Oh, yes! Nothing bad came out of all of this, either the first time or the last time. I went on to better situations, did better and was a lot happier. The lessons and experiences were beneficial and put to good use. That's all that Saturn asks of us.

So, if Saturn is in a different house, natally, for you, look to that houses meaning and then look to what can change for the worse, what can test you, what can make you pause and change direction.
** Saturn in the first; what will cause you to change your personality and way of dealing with life?
** Saturn in the second; what have you collected or established as the valued possessions in your life -- and why would you want to change your view of them, throw them over or compensate for their loss?
** Saturn in the third; How have you communicated with, taught, or managed interactions with others? How will you deal with feeling like a dinosaur, losing your touch, or being unable to maintain or establish new contacts?
** Saturn in the fourth; How will you cope with changes in the family -- death, moving away, changing relationships? Are you too fixed to change your values?

These are some examples to get you thinking about what to expect with Saturn in your twelth relative to where it was located natally. Dave

WalesWoman

Ah, this would explain some of the cards I've gotten in readings regarding the near future... Saturn associated with the Tower? Death... the transition coming as it moves into Leo and my birthday return. 3 Swords, lessons learned from past disappointments and consequences of actions. Saturn is in my natal 12th house and this explains a lot... also sort of eases my mind about some of the readings and projections in my horror scope of late. Probably is referring to my real feelings about turning 50 and looking at the 2nd half of my life.

Not that I'm down playing it, but having a more objective take on this, I think I will be more able to deal with some of the ups and downs and slaps of mortality/ reality and changes of life that are certain to be dealt with.

I'm glad I saw this thread. Thanks for the great explainations.

oops... Saturn is associated with Devil! Ok, well it still fits I think with the Ace Swords, Tower, Death, World, 3 Swords

isthmus nekoi

Hey there Wales Woman,

There are many different systems of correlating astro symbols w/tarot and another card Saturn is related to w/i the Golden Dawn system is the World. This represents the finished work and the pinacle of form. (The Golden Dawn attributes Capricorn to the Devil, so there is still the relation as Saturn rules Capricorn.)

I think pressure is a great word for Saturn transits. It's almost like the weight of Saturn is palpable. Compared to say, Jupiter which feels very expansive, especially if you're constrained, Jupiter will just burst right out lol.

WalesWoman

My bad... if I can't figure out what some cards are doing in one of my readings... I start thinking maybe I should look at what is happening astrologically, to expect changes coming around those times. So when I was reading about whole Saturn transit, it sounded very much like the interpretations that went with those cards and the rest of the reading.

....otherwise known as grasping at straws. ;)

The World... most excellent!!! Most apt for this time, and everything going on right now.
Pressure... yes, after the news of the past day, pressure to get much accomplished in very little time is an understatement. Oh, this is becoming so much clearer.
Thanks!!!

Wired

WalesWoman said:
Saturn is in my natal 12th house and this explains a lot... also sort of eases my mind about some of the readings and projections in my horror scope of late. Probably is referring to my real feelings about turning 50 and looking at the 2nd half of my life.

Turning 50 could relate to Chiron, the wounded healer. The Chiron return is around that time. That can be a tough time.